• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo

Lizardking

My MT landed today....what's the best way to mount the Hitec steering servo? Any pictures would be great..

mooman007uk

Banned
You have to cut the nipples off the existing mounts, fill in the lower screw holes with jb weld or 2 part epoxy then drill new lower holes for the screws....the stock servo is wider than the hitec5745. With the alloy mounts I had to file a notch for the wire to clear on one mount and file a bit of a flat on the inner curved part at the top for the servo to fit inside...don't know if you have to do it with the plastic ones.

DSC00273-1.jpg

Lizardking

I heard the plastic ones i fits fine...just need to redrill the holes. Can I use jb weld on plastic?

kryptonite

im not running hitech's, but they are the same size. i didnt have to shave the side like moo. just trimmed the "tit" and poked a new hole. i trimmed the BOTTOM hole to keep the servo off the chassis so its not sitting in water and mud..

kryptonite

NOPE.. didnt want the mess. you cant see the hole anyway.. moo had to tap his couse he has alum. i just drilled a small hole

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts