• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Servo

C-Mac

I kind of expect smaller servo's to fail after getting a little wet but not my steering servo in my Rampage MT. Has anyone else had issues with the steering servo and if so what have you replaced it with?

kryptonite

the only problim i had with it was it sounded really loud. i think becouse it sits right on the chassis it is more likely to get water damage. the servos i use are from scanner-rc. but most will use the futaba, hitech, or rhino.

Bklyn77

I might be selling my 5745 Hitec servo because I just put in a KO PROPO servo I had left over in the box and I love it, I also have Daul KO's in my FG truck & FG Baja

mooman007uk

Banned
my stock steering servo munched yesterday...the transfer gears in it are soft plastic and I had sand in my servo saver so it was kinda locked:rolleyes: anyhow to get running again I turned it 180 degrees so the drive side had teeth again and off I went....I just ordered a rhino digi4 for it.

That great hobbies price is awesome though for the hitec...wish I'd seen it sooner i would have dualed the rampage steering

mooman007uk

Banned
3306 has nylon gears! no doubt they'll be like pole dancers.... :p

I cancelled my digi4 and have ordered 2 5745's and the extra steering bits I need for dual servos:D what i need to know is do the rampage servo arms fit if not a link to some alloy ones would be good.

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
3306 has nylon gears! no doubt they'll be like pole dancers.... :p
I cancelled my digi4 and have ordered 2 5745's and the extra steering bits I need for dual servos:D what i need to know is do the rampage servo arms fit if not a link to some alloy ones would be good.
The 5745's come with real nice blue alloy servo horns/arms. You'll just have to grind one side off. Good deal eh?

mooman007uk

Banned
Sweet. that is a real good deal...thanks for that, now I'll have super steering and a nice non merrick pipe:D:D

got my ramtech gears today...boy do they smooth out the drivetrain...no more tight plakky gears...makes a huge difference and will free up some horsies

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have been measuring the bronze bushing and trying to find a bearing for its place in the steering rack if anyone finds this before me please PM me. This will help with getting all the servo to the wheels. i was going to go dual but with the 5745 and a Lipo reciever pack a AMS direct power servo harness and a futaba radio on HRS mode I should have killer steering without the extra wieght ant centering issues of dual steer servos.

Note you guys with dual digital servos on steering be sure you program the steer servos for the deadband centering feature or you will burn them smooth up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts