• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Servo Rocker Saver

aoennn

Hi guys,

I was driving my XB around the street today and I "bumped" the sidewalk. The speed was very low, no more than 10mph at most.

The car didn't fly into bits and nothing broke off but the "steering servo rocker saver" had a problem:

The bar that connects the two sides somehow popped off on one side. When I tried to pop it back in, the whole thing came off. There's barely any visible signs of damage or broken pieces, just a small scratch track where the bar popped off.

Now I'm wondering how I can install it back in. Do I remove the whole mess of bolts on the front end of the car so I can get access to install that bar?

Thanks guys

aoennn

Thanks for your quick response BertR.

I'll get to working on that.

BertR

Glad to help... there are a few mods floating around for a permanent sulution if it pops out again.Let us know how it is holding up or some assistance.

aoennn

Managed to pop everything back in place. Took out the 5 screws on the front plate then it slid right out from the suspension arms. Rotated the plate, placed the bar in both sides and tested the steering. Worked nicely.

I was surprised the bar popped out without breaking things. Everything looked normal.

G

That bar on X-series is a bit undersized.

7075RC makes a great upgraded steering rack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts