• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering fuel line mod??

leetmodz

I keep hearing about it but I haven't found a tutorial on it yet.

What exactly do you have to do with the fuel line?

krashkrieg

Contributor
you might be talking about when some will put about an 1/8" of fuel tube inside the cups to keep the bones for rattling back n forth...

Or could mean replacing the spring on the brake line with fuel tube for better response....

Can't think of anything else...

DMZamora

Nice try but no, I really read about something that pops out on the steering assembly when turning hard at high speeds. As far as I could understand, it seems to be related with the linkage between the servo arm and the steering post arm.

HBD8TRCR

DMZamora said:
Nice try but no, I really read about something that pops out on the steering assembly when turning hard at high speeds. As far as I could understand, it seems to be related with the linkage between the servo arm and the steering post arm.
That would be the axles , I took a pce of 3/8 OD rubber hose stuffed in the DIFF hubs to keep the axle towards the wheel hubs . only needs to be about 1/8 to 3/16 thick .

G

Ya, I've read somewhere that someone fed some fuel line onto the linkage bar between the steering arms...I can't seem to find the post though.
IMO I don't think that would serve any purpose. It would not make it stronger. Rigidity is the only need for improvement. I have seen that piece bend on bad landings. You can use larger material for the link, or weld two together for added strength.

rsgonzales

RCDAD said:
IMO I don't think that would serve any purpose. It would not make it stronger. Rigidity is the only need for improvement. I have seen that piece bend on bad landings. You can use larger material for the link, or weld two together for added strength.
It didnt help me I read that mod also,ran fuel line the the steering linkage but it rubbed the top plate a little causeing some binding.If its the same mod your talking about it suppose to keep that linkage from poping out.I removed it .waiting on 7075 for steering linkage hop up.Hmm I wonder if there been any progress.I know O.F is a busy Guy.

G

He will be posting pics soon. He is working on it. Sounds like a complete redesign. Should be awesome.

rsgonzales

rsgonzales said:
it didnt help me i read that mod also,ran fuel line the the steering linkage but it rubbed the top plate a little causeing some binding.if its the same mod your talking about it suppose to keep that linkage from poping out.i removed it .waiting on 7075 for steering linkage hop up.hmm i wonder if there been any progress.i know o.f is a busy guy.
awesome cool sweet...cant wait

DMZamora

bigfol said:
The xbe's steering link has a lot to be desired imo, the metal link rod bends, so I made one out of carbon, You can't see it in the picture, but I also inserted to bushes in the carbon plate so the screws don't bind and it can pivot freely, works a treat.....
Nice mod, that "U" rod makes the steering really sloppy and needs a better solution right out of the box :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts