• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Squish Clearence

max 1

Dose Any One Now Wher To Get A Squish Clearence Tool.that Screws Into The Spark Plug Hole.

IMADMAN

These cheapest and easiest thing to use is a piece of solder, then you can use a caliper to measure your squish. Other than that there are gauges and stuff you can use but they are not cheap.

max 1

imadman said:
these Cheapest And Easiest Thing To Use Is A Piece Of Solder, Then You Can Use A Caliper To Measure Your Squish. Other Than That There Are Gauges And Stuff You Can Use But They Are Not Cheap.
Thanks Imadman.

Mike SVOR

max 1 said:
Dose Any One Now Wher To Get A Squish Clearence Tool.that Screws Into The Spark Plug Hole.
You're talking about 'quench area' and trying to use a tool that screws into the spark plug hole? I doubt you are going to get an accurate measurement.

The quench area on most 2 strokes is around the outside-top of the piston.

Your best bet to measure quench area on such a chamber design is to use clay.

But if you're talking about doing it with the cylinder still bolted to the engine, then you need to use different gauge wire.

Mike SVOR

IMADMAN said:
These cheapest and easiest thing to use is a piece of solder, then you can use a caliper to measure your squish. Other than that there are gauges and stuff you can use but they are not cheap.
Ahh, solder. Good idea.

Sprint 77

Contributor
here is my tool I designed and made for myself for port timing and helps with getting the numbers for squish.

Dial tool pic 001.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/583c6059f302f_Dialtoolpic001.jpg.45e1de799ac5bf4e676c3e49c688b6ed.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.