• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sprint 77 Custom exhaust Project 004

Sprint 77

Contributor
Here is one of the exhaust ideas I started last week.

It is not a copy but as you can see it is inspired by the CPI.

I have to tune in the tips and weld them in and get a bracket on it yet.

It has a 1" header so it should be great for big bore motors and easily clear trucks running the desert Rat body.

I will be testing this this weekend or getting reviews from Evilman if he decides to take this one.

I plan on a series of about four different configurations over the next few weeks to test then produce in aluminum or stainless the choice of the buyer.

Evildomain

Contributor
Having a custom pipe that performs well and fits under the Desert Rat

is exactly what I wanted for Christmas:D

Sprint 77

Contributor
Evildomain said:
I can't wait to try it out. Looks great.
Is it built to perform at the low-end or high end Sprint?

Will this be good for my 28.5cc.
I dought this pipe will shine on the high end. It will probaly go real good on bottom to mid and fall off quick on top.

I was looking for a pipe that had more bottom to mid than the HPI SS and still fit the desert rat body. I feel I should have that with this.

I will try it out this weekend on my short track and get some vids.

rc100

Ooohhh yea I can't Waite for the bids sprint I hope it tunes well

DemonRC

If I had Sprint's ability and equipment I'd have a toilet, fridge, and shower installed in my garage and my wife would never see me. I'd be grinding and welding on metal 24/7.

nanoali

what a promise!!

hope and think this pipe will rock and revolutionize this forum and rampage world.

just wonder if you will send to me (Argentina) one of this. selling to me. obviously

Sprint 77

Contributor
badboy2 said:
that looks nice!! will it clear any of the the stock body ??
I still have my MT body and I will check for sure, but I see no problem and might be able to run it pretty low as most do.

The TT body I have also but I am seeing some trimming necesary and needing to raise the wing.

Flintman was informing me of the Dunerunner Shock tower and its interchagability to the Rampage . This tower may help when some pipes inculuding this one is ran on TT with the wing.

varga1974

Hey Sprint that is similar to what my buddy is making me. The difference will be the expantion champer will be much larger on mine with seperate chambers to quiet it down. Im also having him put two pipes coming out of it to dual exhaust at the bumper.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Enlarging the major diameter of the expansion chamber will make the pipe come on sooner in the low to mid. I was unable to get this one as large as I would have liked to fit in the space allowed for desert rat body/

Restrict the outlets quite a bit in design when you run two. I got two on this above exhaust now and almost closed them off inside.

Sprint 77

Contributor
In aluminum this pipe will be very competetive in price to the High Volume pipes on the market. $125

The stainles steel version will be close to if not break the $300 mark.

After I test them and strategicly place the mounts I will be making them upon request.

I will be taking orders upon the order of the e mail date I recieve. NO DEPOSITS when your pipe is done I will email you and you accept it or I pass it to next in line.

I am a Custom Shop that works a full time job too so this system keeps delivery dates fair to all.

Sprint 77

Contributor
This pipe failed miserably in performance, it is a cood sound I am going to cut it and try a different size lower can.

Can someone donate a stock can to Evildomain till I get this pipe trimmed and retested for some more power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts