• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

springs

kdfi

Can anybody tell me if they have used and what they think of the Ramtech springs? I am currently running the upgrade kit springs on HD HPI shocks. Are the Ramtechs night and day compared to the ramp upgrade kit springs?

I run at a local bmx style track. Are the Ramtechs more for the MT rather than a TT5?

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Clubin said:
I am running Ramtech 20% springs, they are awsome, my first upgrade.
I'm running Ramtech up front and upgrade springs in the rear. I have the Ramtechs for the rear but removed them because they rebound too quick for my tastes. It was causing to many nose dives off jumps. I'm only running 40wt in the rear though.

berto1230781

hey guys do the ramtech spring 20% springs fit right on the stock rampage piggy back shocks or does it have to be moded

berto1230781

would u recomend then to prevent my mt pro heavy pig from squating in the back

Ron E

Contributor
the ramtechs are stiffer, better for the mt or catching air. if your on a bmx track ramtech +20's and 50 or 60 wt oil might be a good idea.

my all alum pig has ramtech +20 springs and 40wt all around and works great.

2010fieldtrip058.jpg

2010fieldtrip057.jpg

my tt runs upgrade kit springs and 40 frt / 50 rear shock oil, also works well.

rampagecages006.jpg

sorry I just like to thro the pics out every chance I get... :)

berto1230781

what oil weight does the mt pro comes with and do u think i should be ok with only changing the springs and leaving the factory oil in then i don't really or plan on jumping it

Ron E

Contributor
berto1230781 said:
what oil weight does the mt pro comes with and do u think i should be ok with only changing the springs and leaving the factory oil in then i don't really or plan on jumping it
I don't know what is stock, but I would recommend some good quailty shock oil, like hpi or so... it's not hard to replace and if your going as far as the springs might as well change the oil.

berto1230781

hey ron i was in davesmotors website and i saw the ramtech but they have fronts and backs witch one should i get 2 pairs of backs for 14.00 or 2 pairs of front at 13.00 is there a difference

Ron E

Contributor
berto1230781 said:
oh yeah 1 more thing is 2 bottles of 40wt hpi oil 60cc enough for 4 shocks
oh ya, i bought 4 bottles and I think 1 bottle did all my shocks with some left over... now i've got diff oil and shock oil bottles all over the place... :D

can ya find the hidden shock and diff oil??? i don't think i've evan opened these 3 bottles of shock oil.

ronsmt001.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
racetruck said:
looks like you need to get those trucks out of the house and get um dirty there to clean for me
I run em all, just clean them well after each use... part of the fun for me and cleaning them is a good time to check for damage. plus I just can't help it. :D

berto1230781

just got the ramtech springs for my mt i have noticed that they are i would say 1/2 shorter then stock now should i turn down the retaining ring down and how much should i turn it down enough so that the spring has no play???? i'm planing on replacing the oil too with hpi 40wt all around

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.