• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

spektrum loses signal

C.B.

ok i have a spektrum with telementry in 2 of my 1/5 scales i lose signal on both a lot i don't think its the transmitter becuase i use 2 different ones

does anyone know why they lose signal at short distances?

should i switch to a futaba?

DemonRC

Happens all the time on Spektrums. I switched to a Futaba 3pk and never regretted it. The 3PM runs the same receivers and will give you the same response and range as the 3pk minus all the big LCD screen and menu functions. I ran an Airtronics MX3 FHSS for a while too. It was also a great performer. The only reason I'm still not running that radio is cause I got a great deal on a 3pk.

kryptonite

the same thing was hapening to me. got rid of it as soon as spectrum sent me a new reciever. it was losing bind at about 20yds, but sometimes it just felt like it was out of range were it just kickes on and off in spirts. only problem was it was at the end of my driveway. i went back with the futaba 3pm. never had a problem with them, and not sure why i left

pup1970

I have only heard of the signal problems with the gas cars. Seems there might be some interference from the ignition coil. I have spektrum module and recievers for my M11 and a dx3.0 and have never had any problems, even with the gas motors. I don't have the facy ones though with tlemetry or the higher resolutions.

monsterman

Bigger the Better said:
It happens with the spektrums. Not sure why its not fixed or recalled?
Send in the system and they will replace or repair it but you will be down until its done. :mad:
Nah not fixed Spectrum likes to claim their products are working fine, I have seen dozens of Tx's & Rx's go back to Spectrum and claim to have a clean bill of health only to glitch or loose signal.. Spectrum needs to work out the kinks in their radio gear.. I'd dump that radio and get a Futaba 3pm, 3pk or 4pk or even the Airtronics FHSS MX3 or M11 all are good radios.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have a Airtronics brand 2.4 module now for my M11 chunked the spectrum. Airtronics module even seemed faster as well as actually had some more range. I lost my baja twice on the spectrum mudule at flintman's big field , that is why I switched well worth the $$ . Ebay brings good $$ back on old spectrum stuff 1/10 scale guys can run it no problem they can't see their car as far as we can so usually don't have range issues.

hamster huey

Thats a good idea it could be the coil. I have not had 2.4ghz problems in 1/10 or 1/8. I noticed the 8 cell spektrum transmitters seem to have better range than the 4 cell spektrum transmitters. I think the range problems are in the Spektrum transmitter because my 3pk w/spektrum module has really great range using the same receivers ,better than any of the spektrum transmitters Ive had. The 2.4ghz Ive had- dx2, dx2.0, dx3, dx3.0, Dx3r, 3pk spektrum module, losi lst2, and now airtronics fhss2. The fhss2 is new to me I am trying it out tomorrow, just got it installed. The second version of fhss is supposed to be better than the first. The mx3fg transmitter menu is the easiest I have ever used so far! It has 18 model memory if I remember correct so if it works well I might power all 6 of my cars with it.

emu67

I've heard that about spectrum too. The nomadio people do a good job and they the frequency hoppers; futaba's are good to...they got their technology from Nomadio a couple of years ago. For my nomadio, it can get zapped with static electricity since it software driven so you would have to upload the software again; I wonder if spektrum has the same problem?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts