• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spektrum 3.0 Failsafe

MOfroggy

I thought I read or heard somewhere that the Spektrum 3.0 and receiver combo had a failsafe built into it somehow. Is this true? I can't find it anywhere in my manual. I am thinking that the info means that you can program the 3rd channel to actuate a failsafe.

There was something about pushing the brakes and turning to the left while you set it but I may be completely mixed up here!!

RampageHopUps

Yes, the spektrum models have a failsafe built into every radio, even the 2 channel has it. The manual can be your friend, and get someone to help. You need 3 hands to do it.

hellya

Look under the quick start...binding....when you bind your receiver you set you failsafe at the same time:)

MOfroggy

hellya said:
Look under the quick start...binding....when you bind your receiver you set you failsafe at the same time:)
Found it! page 6. You are right Rob....it is going to take three hands.

Now...under what conditions will the fail safe kick in? They say "when the link is lost". Does that mean when the transmitter is turned off accidentally or it gets out of range? What about low voltage? Is there any protection with the Spektrum for this?

Mofroggy

MOfroggy

I set the Spektrum failsafe up this afternoon using my chin and both hands. It was easy to do like you said. I figured out that if I get in trouble I just shut the transmitter down and everything comes to a halt if I have it set to go back to straight and idle. The only problem I am having is that it takes about 5 seconds to kick in. I guess that is better than nothing.....nothing bad can happen in 5 seconds right:>)

Mofroggy

Timmahh

lost signal, and low tx battery. for some dumbass reason, Speky still don't see a point in haveing thier failsafe fully fucntional as a low RX Batt failsafe. its hit or miss when the RX batt gets low.

is a shame too.

now, it ill set your steering position, and your t/b position. to operate a 3rd channel item , like a motor kill switch failsafe, you are left on your own to program it, wire in the MKS F/S, and check its proper operation. but it shouldnt be too bad to do.

MOfroggy

I have done that on my Baja for the third channel being the fail safe on the Spektrum 3.0 and it is pretty cool to roll it up to the cops that are checking you for violating sound laws and shutting it off at their feet. Most of the time when they come out it is because some local neighbor is complaining that the sound of the truck is causing them to not be able to hear Lawrence Welk re-runs.

When you start it up again and let them hear it with the RD Logics pipe (which is about as quiet as any weed eater!) you spend the rest of the time letting them run it themselves and seeing how much fun it is.

MOfroggy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts