• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark Plug

ika

Hi,

Does stock spark plug work well?

I have installed Ramtech-RC kill switch.

Going to start my new MT tomorrow.

ika

what plug to get?

ika

What is the best spark plug?

As I see NGK CMR7H is way too cheap.

Ludabud

It's really not a cheap plug. I've had one last me so long I can't even remember when I replace last cuz it still made my truck run good.

ika

Did anybody fill diferrence between stock and ngk spark plug in performance, starting , etc...?

This plug is not available in mt country and it take about month to deliver.

Ice_2k

Is the NGK IRIDIUM CR7HIX SPARK PLUG ok for the 32cc engine? I wanted to install it today but I noticed it's waaaay taller than the stock plug, I don't even thing the cover on top of the plug will fit with this thing.

Ice_2k

How is it the best if it doesn't fit?... :)

From largescaleforums:

NGK CR7HIX Iridium Plug and NGK CR8HIX Iridium Plugs are to tall for the hpi baja 5b and only just fit the fg mt

Also, I just called my local hobby shop, which sell the HPI Maverick Blackout 32cc (which seems to be the exact same thing as the Rampage MT) and asked to buy the CMR7H for it (they don't know the Redcat brand so whenever I need stuff, I just tell them I have a Maverick) and they said that the CMR7H (which some people recommend here) is also not right for the 32cc engine and that the correct spark for these engines is CMR5H.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

It's just a different heat setting plug made for that 32cc motor.

30cc & 32cc are different? Correct ?

So one is better for that motor

I have run the the 5 in my 30.5 but prefer the 7.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
How is it the best if it doesn't fit?... :) From largescaleforums:

NGK CR7HIX Iridium Plug and NGK CR8HIX Iridium Plugs are to tall for the hpi baja 5b and only just fit the fg mt

Also, I just called my local hobby shop, which sell the HPI Maverick Blackout 32cc (which seems to be the exact same thing as the Rampage MT) and asked to buy the CMR7H for it (they don't know the Redcat brand so whenever I need stuff, I just tell them I have a Maverick) and they said that the CMR7H (which some people recommend here) is also not right for the 32cc engine and that the correct spark for these engines is CMR5H.

Thoughts?
The 5 is a hotter plug.

I have heard of them damaging pistons in the 30cc but Bert has run a 4 with no probs so I suppose it's open to debate

I'd check with DDM to see what they recommend

Phill

Just checked and the Zenoah 4 bolt 32cc runs the same CMR7H as all other Zenoah motors so your plug should be OK for your motor

I forget the number for the Champion but its also a 7 heat range resistor plug.

You need the resistor to stop interference with the radio and kill switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

So considering I have some upgrades coming, maybe the colder CMR7H would be better than the CMR5H...

What is the resistor you're talking about?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
So considering I have some upgrades coming, maybe the colder CMR7H would be better than the CMR5H...What is the resistor you're talking about?
If it was my car I'd stick with a 7 either iridium or the CMR

You will have to take the connector off the end of your old plug and put it on the iridium one to use it.

The resistor is built into the plug to stop radio interference

The R in the plug number means it's a resistor plug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts