• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark Plug Tune Chart

Obeast44

Banned
Also some of the best engine advice I can give is this. If you have a problem you cant find an answer too, ask the guys on HBF. I can gauruntee they will steer ya in the right direction.

lightning73

Sorry racetruck but I have to disagree, if you look at the plugs that were exposed to high amounts of heat, it shows that it was caused by lean running conditions. Correct me if im wrong but the difference shown between lean and rich plugs on that chart prove it to be for two stroke engines.

racetruck

if you read the chart it talks about water cooled engines i have worked on weedeaters and many hot rods for years and the don't look like most of those plugs in the chart the one plug that is oil fouled that is for a gas engine

lightning73

racetruck said:
if you read the chart it talks about water cooled engines i have worked on weedeaters and many hot rods for years and the don't look like most of those plugs in the chart the one plug that is oil fouled that is for a gas engine
Ahhh yes, I see it now number 3 and 4 give it away. #3) Oil pumping past worn piston rings and valve guides. #4) Improper functioning cooling system resulting in excessive cooling, (Which we know wouldnt happen with an all air cooled engine). My bad racetruck!

racetruck

not a problem i just wanted everybody not to go completely by that chart because it will mislead you abit. it will help the guys that don't have any idea what a plug should look like. :D

racetruck

Here is a spark plug out of my weedeater it is 2 or 3 years old i run 8 oz of 2 stroke oil to one gallon of gas and i run a saw blade on it to cut trees at my radio towers it gets worked hard i rebuilt the weedeater back in 1985 i used to cut grass at grave yards one was 5 acers alot head stones to trim around

P6300035.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts