• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

spark plug check

DON 44

Contributor
I started tunning my truck today, it has a esp 30.5...The directions say 1 1/2 out low/2 out high/ then make full throttle runs for 30 seconds and check plug to make sure it's still a dark color.Then go down an 1/8 at a time and repeat this until the plug is a brown paper bag color.my question is are they talking about the little L shaped piece at the bottom of the plug or the bottom of the plug itself....I'm about an 1/8 over 1 1/2 on the high now and happy as hell with the way it's running,but the little L shaped piece on the plug is still a dark color not brown..It is a lighter color then when i started though.. I'm scared as hell to go below 1 1/2 though..I just need to know what part of the plug should be this brown color.

PISTOL PETE

Sprint 77 said:
The white ceramic area surrounding the electrode in center is what will change to a light brown color.
Hope that helps.
i agree they mean the white part. same as tuning a carb in a car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts