• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spare tire mount?

Silent_chaos

FMcamaroZ28 said:
Crazy as it sounds this would help with the ep pro continuously wanting to nose down on jumps
Thicker rear shock oil.

release throttle in air, and press it just before hitting the ground

FMcamaroZ28

I have 50wt all around. You think I should go higher in back? I already have good throttle control

Doaner

RampageHopUps said:
I will be starting more projects with my newly acquired 3D printer. This will be a good one to start with.
So how is this little project coming? I for one am very interested in purchasing one.

Doaner

RampageHopUps said:
I never figured out how to add the M18 thread in Solidworks.
What if you designed it so a stock hub was the mount? May be a solution... Might not... I don't know. Lol :p

RampageHopUps

That would push the cost too much. It would be cheaper to just make it out of aluminum and be done. DGI already has them in aluminum for the Losi. I just need to make a crossmember mount.

rcgasser

RampageHopUps said:
That would push the cost too much. It would be cheaper to just make it out of aluminum and be done. DGI already has them in aluminum for the Losi. I just need to make a crossmember mount.
So even with that you will need to change the thread still would you not? are you will just leave the thread the way it is the you will have to use a losi nut just for the spare tire because they are not the same as the HPI nut.

Doaner

RampageHopUps said:
Great sticker. Can you put a straightedge over the cage and see how much room I need to clear it?
Sorry about not having a proper straightedge. The pipe doesn't run flush with the cage until right around 5 inches from the upper bend in the cage. image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2014_12/image.jpg.ac4eb8a2a39dead83922d37add5f2d90.jpg

Doaner

Once the pipe breaks the plane of the cage it only extends around 3/4 of a centimeter past. The rear mount bolt sits right around 3 centimeters above the rear crossmember.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2014_12/image.jpg.a04e324c9f1072259a59876aff457a68.jpg

Doaner

1/2 inch would be plenty. Really anything above 1 centimeter off the cage would work clearance wise. Although, I'm guessing 1/2 inch would be the way to go considering how hot the exhaust gets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts