• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spare Parts

dl914

Thinking about getting some spare parts for my XBE.

So far I haven't had anything break on mine but also haven't smacked into anything yet. I have no hop ups yet either.

What are the most common parts that break or wear and need replacing?

DemonRC

Here's the only thing I've broken since June of 2009 in order of priority:

#1 Replacement Screws

Spend a few bucks and get some quality hex screws. www.mcmaster.com sells 4mm and 5mm flatheads like we use in 50 packs for about $5-$7.

#2 Wheel Bearings:

If you are still stock I would pick up the 7075RC wheel hubs since they use larger 22mm bearings. The 19mm bearings in the stock wheel hub with are going to go bad soon.

#3 Front CVD's

Broke my first set when I hit a Savage XL at WOT. I punted that car at least 10 feet through the air and by the time it stopped rolling it was at least 15 feet from where I hit it. The suspension arms and eveything were fine. I just broke a CVD. I broke another CVD when I hit a sign.

Other than that there's not much that breaks on the car. If Redcat would get some larger wheel bearings in the hubs and diff cases and reinforce the rear diff case the car would be pretty much bullet proof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts