• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spanking New Rampage.

scaremonger

First day in to the truck it breaks. Well the temperature here right now is like 0. The darn servo saver broke within 20m of my break in run. what a drag. it also looks like ill be needing more power right away. the stock set up is way to slow (and gutless) for my taste. the dang thing can't ever run over a weed. Ill take every suggestions seriously. pictures and video soon.

Ron E

Contributor
break it in then tune it, lean it out a little, theres a great tuning guide on DDM's site under FAQ'S. get a pipe for sure, then a 28.5 kit. upgrade the servo's... perform the prerun check list... see sticky. from there mod/upgrade/replace what breaks as needed and have fun. also get a kill switch incase she runs away, very scary... the list goes on and on... just keep reading this forum and use the search function a lot, i do.

twisted - bones

Ron E said:
break it in then tune it, lean it out a little, theres a great tuning guide on DDM's site under FAQ'S. get a pipe for sure, then a 28.5 kit. upgrade the servo's... perform the prerun check list... see sticky. from there mod/upgrade/replace what breaks as needed and have fun. also get a kill switch incase she runs away, very scary... the list goes on and on... just keep reading this forum and use the search function a lot, i do.
I will second the third channel kill switch. Mine went straight for the retention pond when it ran away. had to replace all the servos and lucky for me it halfway floated so the motor was not damaged. 39 bucks is a pittance compared to a new motor. Now if the Rx battery gets low it flat out shuts off. I can also kill it with the channel 3 button on my Tx.

twisted - bones

yeah but you cant kill it at will with the two channel version. 3rd channel is just a convinience I guess. its nice to be able to pull into the pits and just shut it down without having to take off the body. ;)

Obeast44

Banned
twisted - bones said:
yeah but you cant kill it at will with the two channel version. 3rd channel is just a convinience I guess. its nice to be able to pull into the pits and just shut it down without having to take off the body. ;)
Well, you could turn the TX off to remote kill it :D

No recommended but it could work as a remote kill hehe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts