• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

So what are you gonna do with your old Ramtech gears?

DemonRC

I'm gonna mirror polish mine, string em on a silver chain, and hang em from my rearview mirror :D . Kinda like a bling bling set of balls.

Hey, for $75, I'll find something for them to do. If worse comes to worse and I get car jacked :mad: :mad:, I can knock my assailents the f$#% out with those bad boys hahaha :D

flint mann

Haven't taken a gander at the new gears yet. Like you am pleased with the Ramtech's I have. Although now that I have a second RedCat I might have to invest in a set of the new ones

csp1971

Contributor
If you want to get rid of them, I may be interested. I don't know if I'll be wanting to purchase another gear plate for the new gears.

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
I'll stick my 2 sets of ramtechs in a drawer and forget about them, then, like a lot of my old fg plastic parts they'll end up in the garbage:eek:
I'm down for 2 sets of the upgrades as soon as they hit the market....all that's left then for us is a regular supply of good shock shafts...ARE YOU LISTENING PHATDAD!!!! or will have to try gas jockeys smartech shock upgrade or do the hpi phatdad 4.8 kits with the sweet ressies at DDM http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5095/.f but that's a $300 set up:eek:...i just want the fr and rear bajampage kits for my TT and a few spare shafts is that too much to ask?
I'm sure those rezzies take the Baja's 4mm ball stud. Prolly. It would be nice if we could use the Rampage 5mm's on them. I'm not too confident running 4mm's when the shocks stick as far out away from the tower as our shocks do.

csp1971 said:
If you want to get rid of them, I may be interested. I don't know if I'll be wanting to purchase another gear plate for the new gears.
I'll let you know. I also have 3 sets of never been run 27/33 MCD gears that I could sell cheap.

csp1971

Contributor
Jersey El said:
I just put in the new aluminum gear plate with proper bearing fit and now there is a new one! I can't win with this. I was about to order those gears and now a completely new set-up is out.
I'm completely with you on this. I'm good with just a steel gear set and spending about 75 bucks on said gear set. But I guess my option is to suck it up and buy the whole thing (at whatever a seriously low cost is) or just run what I have and melt plastic.

DemonRC

Ya the new gears coming in require the whole shabang:

New gear plate

New clutchbell

4 gears

new B/C shaft

new D shaft

At least if the new set fails I can always fall back on the old setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts