• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sniff Sniff...Umm Whats BURNING...LoL

tkotommygun08

Now I DO NOT clame to be any kind of R/C monk sitting 30,000 feet on a snow cap mountain and allowing someone to ask Me 1 question per 10 years about anything R/C...However I have NEVER burned up a Servo during a simple new radio install in the 25+ years also...well Chit happens I guess :confused:

So I'd like to know what brand Servos My fellow Redcatters are useing for the Steering in thier 1/5 Toys?...I fried(or did I?) a Hitec HS-5765 and at around $90 bucks a pop..Egh I'm gonna try something else a lil cheaper so here's what I found reading fourms here and else where's......

1. Turnigy 1270 HV $32.50 at HobbyKing.com

2. Hobby King HK 15338 MG Digital $14.99 at HobbyKing.com (up to 6.0 only)

3. Savox Savsv 0235MG and Savsv 0236MG $106-$110.00 at Savox.com

4. XQ Power XQ S5040D $35.90 at HiModel.com

Now I know the Savox is more but look bullet proof..and I really like the XQ on it's specks using a Li-Po 7.4v and somewhere on this fourm someone posted a video with a XQ Power vs a Hitec throttle servo and the XQ smoked the Hitec!!...So I'd luv some input Please and I will be buying something on next Friday(PAYDAY!!!..LoL)...also if there is something better Please share or if someone has a link to the one's I listed CHEAPER..Please share :D

Sergio

Man that is something I did not wanted to hear. I got 3 of those one on each truck and a spare and I haven't use them that much hope that don't happened to me lol

G

Make sure your EPA is set. If not you will burn out even the best servo. I have never burnt a 5765 in a Redcat.

Silent_chaos

tkotommygun08 said:
Very nice read Silent I see you went with the Savox 0236MG in your Guide as Servo of choice :cool:
Yes, they're fast, reliable and operate on both 6 and 7.4. Top tier servo and not that expensive comparing to other top tier OEM like hitec

tkotommygun08

RCDAD said:
Make sure your EPA is set. If not you will burn out even the best servo. I have never burnt a 5765 in a Redcat.
True RCDAD I bought the XB off of Motakitty(Fellow RRF Member) and everything was 98% new..Servo's included..However I got a new Flysky GT3B and had the arm off the servo to make it strait as possable and the EPA on 50% for Left and Right befor I even started to go up to a higher steering%??...So I pulled the Hitec out the XB and took it apart then hooked it back up to power and every time I'd turn the wheel left a lil it would spark and right it would Smoke!?!?..Sooo IDK...New 1 on Me..So as you can see in Me trying to set the EPA up it was allready Toasting it's self :eek:

tkotommygun08

Sergio said:
Man that is something I did not wanted to hear. I got 3 of those one on each truck and a spare and I haven't use them that much hope that don't happened to me lol
Well Sergio I may of had a BUM unit..LoL...I did see a few Video's on Youtube with a few people complaining about the HS-5765 just quitting!?....But Hitec has been around a loooong time so I would'nt worry to much ;)

tkotommygun08

So lets see..

RCDAD uses Hitec 5765's

Sergio has a couple 5765's as well

Silent_chaos seems to be a Savox 0236 man

Phreerider is for Hitec also

Anybody else :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

chapinb

Im not a fan of my Hitech... Even on 8 volts is still feels underpowered. When it dies, a savox 235 will be its replacement. New chassis holes need to be drilled for the savox remember.

The XQ series caught my eye too. Hearing nothing but good things from the plane folk. Its just a little slow for what I want. Seems this is a direct drop in if you have already fit the Hitec.

Turnigy/HK servos don't have the best track record but I wouldnt mind trying one if given the chance. With the price difference, Id pick the XQ over the Turnigy/HK if I was going budget.

BertR

Call me cheap but I'm still running over 2 year old stock unit...I beat the steering hard when I go bashing and the dam thing won't die.I will not put in a new unit till its toast!

Ildy666

BertR said:
Call me cheap but I'm still running over 2 year old stock unit...I beat the steering hard when I go bashing and the dam thing won't die.I will not put in a new unit till its toast!
+1 on that .I'm still running my two stock servos only changed out the t/b servo and ur right cant kill em atleast not yet...lol...

G

BertR said:
That's impressive. :cool:

BertR

I am impressed with the way it has held up....I could use a new final output gear but other than that its as strong as new.

tkotommygun08

chapinb said:
Im not a fan of my Hitech... Even on 8 volts is still feels underpowered. When it dies, a savox 235 will be its replacement. New chassis holes need to be drilled for the savox remember.The XQ series caught my eye too. Hearing nothing but good things from the plane folk. Its just a little slow for what I want. Seems this is a direct drop in if you have already fit the Hitec.

Turnigy/HK servos don't have the best track record but I wouldnt mind trying one if given the chance. With the price difference, Id pick the XQ over the Turnigy/HK if I was going budget.
Yea Chapinb I'm liking them XQ Servo's more and more,But I hear that the Savox 235 and 236 are BEASTS....Hmmm:confused:

tkotommygun08

BertR said:
:eek: Hey if It ain't broke....you know the rest..LoL

tkotommygun08

phreerider said:
HITEC for me , warranty 2years!
If I had a box and bill of sale I'd send this unit in..but it came with the near new yet still used XB :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts