• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Snappy fuel kit and brass fittings

Sergio

So I got my snappy fuel kit and ff brass fittings try to put them on my rampage mt and so far they won the first round after 3 hours of figthing. I didn't realize the brass fittings are not tigth fit you have to add 1/2 inch tubing but could not get Gromment in tank any tips guys I'll try later or tomorrow. I did use oil to lubricate Gromment.

G

It is a pain to get in. I ended up tearing mine. Now I just order a new tank with the gromet installed and drill a third hole.

Sergio

Oh god. Now adding the tubing to the brass fittings I lubricated them too now the come out really easy this kit sucks unless you don't use the brass fittings. I lost one battle if I can't get this done wont b able to sleep.

rampage idiot

Sergio I have alot of practice at this I have done 3 already, the easiest way is put grommet in tank then add the tubes one at a time, start with the filtered line first then the return, if you put the 1/2" of fuel line on the brass barbs on these 2 you will not need it on the vent line because of all the pressure from the other 2 , if you try to put the grommet in with the lines already in you will come up with new swear words like I did, so much easier just put grommet in first!

G

rampage idiot said:
Sergio I have alot of practice at this I have done 3 already, the easiest way is put grommet in tank then add the tubes one at a time, start with the filtered line first then the return, if you put the 1/2" of fuel line on the brass barbs on these 2 you will not need it on the vent line because of all the pressure from the other 2 , if you try to put the grommet in with the lines already in you will come up with new swear words like I did, so much easier just put grommet in first!
That was my method, gromet first. I still f'n tore it. LOL

Shawn213

lol i just put one mt today and holly s**t that thing was tight i lubed it with 2 stroke oil and used a 3mm allen driver to help me persuade it in i finaly got it with about 15 min of fighting but that was with all three lines instaled with the ff fittings

Deansta

RCDAD said:
It is a pain to get in. I ended up tearing mine. Now I just order a new tank with the gromet installed and drill a third hole.
Rcdad can I just drill a 3rd hole in gromet and add fuel line for vent? I ordered some line to try this but haven't yet.

Thanks!

Good luck Sergio!

G

Yes. Just be careful drilling the hole. You don't want the shavings in the tank. Drill a small increments at a time and clean the gromet shavings off the bit.

Sergio

rampage idiot said:
Tried that too but I had the tube on all of them will try the way you said

G

Yeah, forget trying to get the gromet installed full of tubes. That would be a miracle!

Deansta

I'll remove tank, drain, drill, and rinse the tank to be sure no shavings are inside. Do you run a fuel filter? Is that recommended?

Thanks!

G

Yes. Either the clunk filter that is in the tank or an inline filter. I still use the clunk style with no issues.

Deluge

My grommets went in pretty easily. The trick is to get one side in and press in the other side a little at a time. I used a really dull flat head screwdriver to help press it in.

Deluge

Deansta said:
I'll remove tank, drain, drill, and rinse the tank to be sure no shavings are inside. Do you run a fuel filter? Is that recommended?Thanks!
You can run an inline filter, or a just run the stock clunk. I plan on running an inline filter and a filterless clunk, soon.

Deluge

Nope. Run them as is. They'll be fine. One is for the pickup, which is supposed to be in the fuel. One is the return, and the length doesn't really matter as long as it's in the tank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts