• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sloppy Bearings

Tom Crown

Hey guys I got the aluminum gear plate and the aluminum center diff mounts and the problem im having is that the bearings fit in the places they are suposed to go but they are real sloppy there is about a mm of play between the mount's and the bearings

kryptonite

hey tom!! don't have either one, but in the past people have had to wrap the beaing in alum tape so it fits snug in the bearing race. i'll try to find the thread that should help out

Clubin

Banned
Mine wasn't that bad, I used some bearing set on them, and the last time i had it apart, all is tight and the bearings are in their place nice and tight.

hamster huey

The bearing aluminum tape trick is on page 52 of July 09 RC Driver. I have not tried it but would in a bind. I don't know if I would trust it permanantly.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
The bearing aluminum tape trick is on page 52 of July 09 RC Driver. I have not tried it but would in a bind. I don't know if I would trust it permanantly.
keep in mind im running the plastic gear plate, so this is all forign to me.. but i think if you have that much play the metal heat tape is the only real fix. clubin got away with something else, but it sounds like his wasnt as bad as the others.. doesn't matter to me. i have no intensions of getting either bit in alum anyway. just not sure what else could work with that much play and still keeping the bearing centered

EDIT: don't hesitate on buying any other alum. i have most of the other alum stuff and the bearings fit fine and everything else fits great too. seems like just the important stuff was rough..lol..

Z

ZielkeRacing

I installed my gear plate and they were fine but the center plate did not fit the bearing right. Too much play. I installed the stock one back in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts