• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Silicon VS Grease for differential gears

ChuenouXiao

Can someone explain to me the major difference between Silicon and Grease for differential gear fluid. The advantage and disadvantage? Difference and similarity? Why Silicon over grease?

Deluge

Grease will keep the diff lubed, but it will spin freely. Using silicone will change the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Silicone is available in many different weights, which allows you to tune your diffs to your driving style.

Vision

I'm planning to run 30k in the front and 10k in the rear, but my xbe will be mainly for on-road. For off-road 7k,5k,3k are all good to have.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
Grease will keep the diff lubed, but it will spin freely. Using silicone will change the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Silicone is available in many different weights, which allows you to tune your diffs to your driving style.
Very well said I like 10k rear and 7k front I have noticed that the lower the ks in the rear the more rear spin you will get that why it is best to get different weights so you can use the right one for your driving skills it really does make a different in the car handling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts