• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shredder 1/6 scale feedback

Top Jimmy

What's anyone's/everyone's opionions on the Shredder SC? Seems like a nice low maintainance piece? durability? speed? on track performance? issues? compared to a 1/5 gas like the XT? or DR?

Just doing some more research, and this forum is the BEST resource!

G

They are fun, but it uses the suspension & drive train from the 8th scales. It is not in the same class as the large scales. The XBE is comparable. You can run SC bodies on the XBE.

angryrecords

Nice platform, light , about 10pnds, durable yes with the exception of the front chassis brace (plastic piece of crap) fast and batteries can be run in paralel for longer runtime. If your looking for a 1/5 platform either stick with the xbe or get turnigy trailblazer.

XBENOOB

angryrecords said:
Nice platform, light , about 10pnds, durable yes with the exception of the front chassis brace (plastic piece of crap) fast and batteries can be run in paralel for longer runtime. If your looking for a 1/5 platform either stick with the xbe or get turnigy trailblazer.
Agreed... Except the Turnigy Trailblazer is the exact same as the shredder series from redcat and the same as the exceed mad gear (tuscon edition) ...

The Exceed mad gear dallas edition is a little heavier, but has better motor, esc, tires (runs on baja 5b/5t hex size wheels) and stiffer/thicker chassis. The Dallas edition also has bigger bearing in the wheel hubs than the XB-E. The only problem is parts availability can be spotty at times..

The XB-E needs additional money spent on it to get it to a capable platform.... The stock steering servo is garbage needs to be replaced with a better (savox, hitec or futaba), the wheel bearings are too small and need to be replaced with the 7075rc bearing holders front and rear, the tire foams will turn to dust in 4 runs or less..... etc.

The point is that no one platform is perfect right out of the box. The shredder is a good start for an entry level 1/6th at a cheap price point.

The difference is how big your wallet is and how fast do you want to empty it. :D

I have the XB-E and a Mad Gear Dallas edition, as well as a Caldera 10SCE and a HPI Sprint 2 Flux (very fast when it's not breaking belts).... So far, the best bang for the buck has been the Caldera 10SCE.... Fast, light, cheap and very very tough. But my XB-E will always be my favorite (and my most expensive)... So far the one that has he least amount of money spent on it in replacement parts is the Mad Gear Dallas edition.... zero broken parts and only one seized wheel bearing..

angryrecords

there ya go, xbenoob knows, sorry I failed to mention the madgear versions but i figured most have seen the posts in other threads, they are cheaper but you can always upgrade, it really depends on what your taste is and what your planning on doing with it. I like the shredder because it's light. Have been having some issues with my arm this year and my back has been hurt since end of 2004 so with that being said I enjoy being able to pick up the shredder which is nice and light. The xbe is a lot heavyer to pick up and a bit more expensive. The shredder platform is easy to work on and mod for your own personal taste, if need be. I have one more stripped screw to remove on mine before I can start fixing it up the way I'd like to. So after I get a dremal and remove the screw I will post some more videos on youtube.

frankyshrek

angryrecords said:
i have the backdraft 8e with the same plastic piece of crap first day out 5 minutes into run and broke it i had a aluminum chassis from a nitro rustler sitting around cut the neck off and bolted it to the steering and front diff and now have beat the crap out of that thing and holding up fine you can check it out on youtube under frankyshrek i have 2 vids up of it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online