• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Short springs?

Kaz the Minotaur

I see that the shock springs are too short. Someone mentioned this before didn't they?

Anyway will RedCat be replacing the short springs?

Did someone also say that the Baja springs fit?

NitroBurn

I got mine from Rob today. These are good springs, fit real nice.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Can someone fill me in a little bit more on this. Is it the buggy, the truck or both? Has anyone measured the springs and has some more info.

I of course will check this tomorrow with our in stock inventory but if anyone has further info on what the problem is, it will surely help.

Darin

NitroBurn

Short springs

Ok I just measured my springs on my MT and the fronts are almost an inch (.900) too short. Before I put the ramtech springs on I had to crank the preload rings all the way down and even then at full droop there was a little bit of slack left. I'm kind of suspecting it may have contributed to my front shock shaft snapping over the weekend. But there's no way to tell just yet.

Front shock shaft snapped probably cause it is not thick enough. The RTR Baja shafts are the same size and they snap. SS shock shafts are 6mm and last longer.

Use Baja front springs on all four corners of the Rampage.

See my "installing Baja SS shocks" thread to upgrade the shocks.

fourwheeler

My MT is the same way...springs too short all the way around. You gotta crank the pre load all the way down to keep them on the spring retainers.

Ron E

Contributor
fourwheeler said:
My MT is the same way...springs too short all the way around. You gotta crank the pre load all the way down to keep them on the spring retainers.
mine also, i'll have to order springs from Rob when I can.

jaysyourhandyman

ya me too:confused:but rob sold me a better set now its all kool

but now i am thinking about hyper extension

i have an idea:rolleyes: two rings and some aircraft cable to slip over the shocks

i will work on a prototype

and post a pic... if all goes as well on the bench as it does my head

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts