• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock oil???

Marc101885

What weight shock oil is the stock oil in these trucks and how much does each shock hold? I forgot to check the shock ends before i ran the truck and 2 of them were loose so there is shock oil all over my truck and none in the shock

Sprint 77

Contributor
100 to 120 weight if you are going to use silicone from LHS some use fork oil for ATV and some use BAJA 5 B oil 100 to 120 silicone is a good place to start then go from there depending on what springs you stay with and how much jumping you do. You will need more than one bottle of those little 3 oz bottles the hobby stores sell.

Hop that helps describe your terrain and how much jumping or not your going to do and We will try to get you closer in the set up you need.

Marc101885

not much of a jumper, maybe just little things but no monster air, just running around a grass field or dirt roads with some ruts and all, stock setup seems to work good for me right now. Still have the stock springs if that helps.

kun114

I don't know! He could be right. I haven't had my Rampage shocks apart yet, but 100wt sounds awfully heavy. Last time I tried 100wt oil in a pair of shocks, It blew em apart. I would start with something around 40wt and go up or down from there.

Heck! I only use 15wt and 35wt in my Baja shocks.

BUM

shock oil

I'm useing 70 front 80 rear with new springs sticks good on small jumps 2-3 ft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts