• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

shock oil weights

Wicked

Hey does anyone know that the stock weights are?

I came home tonight from running and notice oil all over the front right side of the truck. Thought I had blown the shock or something untill I noticed that the cap was really loose.

I like the way the truck is right now so I just want to top up the oil with whatever was in there.

kryptonite

the front is light as moo said. i was thinking around 20wt(standard silocone) but i think thats too much.. ive run many diffrent oil/spring set-ups and i liked most of them. with stock shafts you might want to keep the oil wieghts down to preserve the shaft. right now in my mt im running 35wt up front and 45wt in the rear with very little droop and my tt has 40wt in the front and 50wt in the rear with max droop.

jigawatt

since these shocks are quite a bit bigger than my nitro 1/10 scale counterpart... about how many bottles am I gonna need? I can imagine 1 bottle might fill 2 shocks at best?

kryptonite

jigawatt said:
since these shocks are quite a bit bigger than my nitro 1/10 scale counterpart... about how many bottles am I gonna need? I can imagine 1 bottle might fill 2 shocks at best?
i use trinity oil and 1 bottle will do at least 8 shocks..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts