• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo harness

racetruck

Does any one use the outlaw direct power servo harness it takes the battery power direct to the servos and not through the receiver?

kryptonite

i use them. im not sure if it helps or not. some radio recievers have a BEC that limits the volts to 4v. the splitter as you know allows for 6v power. im not sure how you can tell if your reciever limits the volts. someone told me that most of the newer recievers all put out the 6v, but it went in one ear, and out the other.

grf

the airtronics 2.4 i have does not regulate. if you run a dual servo setup i would say it is a must if not not really but if something goes wrong with your servo that normally takes up to 4.5A then you might destroy your receiver too. the regulators in receivers usually give up to 5A so a bit limiting i guess.

hamster huey

I run my servos directly off the battery. I sent me signal wires to the RX and added a splitter to send battery voltage to the servos. I have the fhss 2 and cant say I noticed a difference but I can be sure I wont have any power losses now or in the future. Who knows how much resistance is in a receiver BEC anyway. And yes I have tested receiver wires while cycling on the charger and they do melt at 5amps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts