• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

servo arm stripping out

drawingslim

I have a HI tec HS5745MG for my steering servo on my MT. I have been stripping out the arms that came with it. What is a good metal arm that would fit this servo? the only metal arm that came with the servo is a double sided arm and even if I cut one arm off I think the arm itself is too short to give the proper amount of throw for full steering. Any thoughts appreciated thanks in advance.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Think outside the bun. Got to your local hobby shop and don't tell them you have a truck they will say they don't have any parts for the Rampage just say you have a hitec servo tha you need a long arm for . Many 1/4 scale planes use long arms from hitec.

Last edited by a moderator:

drawingslim

Unfortunately I am currently relegated to online ordering. I am am in the middle of god forsaken Kansas (sorrry if any of you are from kansas, seriously does the cowsh*t smell ever go away?) . Anyway the local hobbyshop owner didn't know what "a traxxas?" was(I think she thought it was a part) or if her own track was carpet, dirt or scale it was. She got it ina package deal when she bought some other business next door. Long story short she said she could order stuff for me but she needed part numbers and she's only there thursdays and saturdays, so I may as well do it myself, online. Sorry for ranting.

drawingslim

Unfortunately I am currently relegated to online ordering. I am am in the middle of god forsaken Kansas (sorrry if any of you are from kansas, seriously does the cowsh*t smell ever go away?) . Anyway the local hobbyshop owner didn't know what "a traxxas?" was(I think she thought it was a part) or if her own track was carpet, dirt or scale it was. She got it ina package deal when she bought some other business next door. Long story short she said she could order stuff for me but she needed part numbers and she's only there thursdays and saturdays, so I may as well do it myself, online. Sorry for ranting.

drawingslim

Unfortunately I am currently relegated to online ordering. I am in the middle of god forsaken Kansas (sorry if any of you are from kansas, seriously does the cowsh*t smell ever go away?) . Anyway the local hobbyshop owner didn't know what "a traxxas?" was(I think she thought it was a part) or if her own track was carpet, dirt or what scale it was. She got it in a package deal when she bought some other business next door. Long story short she said she could order stuff for me but she needed part numbers and she's only there thursdays and saturdays, so I may as well do it myself, online. Sorry for ranting.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Well look at the sites for custom large scale aircraft building. My friend has a YAK 1;4 Scale kit he is working on try it. Because there is some aftermarket companies machining big heavy aluminum ones. I try to call him this weekend and get you a brand name to google.

PM Magnum 57 he is a hitec fan with lots of cars he might know of the manufacture. You are not asking for a miracle they do make them.

A option for now is to go to LOWEs and get some .375" x .125" aluminum and cut you a piece 2" long lay it on the arm and drill all the arm holes in it. Then bolt them with say 4-40 bolts then lay it on servo and mark the extra hole you need, Wala you legthened your arm, and it would make a good spare when you need it from time to time.

Robertm235

I have been using the hi-tec arm that came with my servo and not had a problem (the arm that came with the truck did fail). Try setting your end points on your radio so the throw on the brake side is not so far, just enough to stop the truck but not so much that your blowing out servo arms! But I do agree, an aluminum arm would be a better option. I live in Overland Park and could probably get you an aluminum arm from hobby town or hobby heaven.

drawingslim

Robertm235 said:
I have been using the hi-tec arm that came with my servo and not had a problem (the arm that came with the truck did fail). Try setting your end points on your radio so the throw on the brake side is not so far, just enough to stop the truck but not so much that your blowing out servo arms! But I do agree, an aluminum arm would be a better option. I live in Overland Park and could probably get you an aluminum arm from hobby town or hobby heaven.
Hey thanks for your offer to help with the servo issues. You are right on about the end points needing to be set on the throttle/brake servo. The steering servo arm is the one that keeps stripping out however. Still good advice tho. thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts