• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Senad air filter system mini review

jeffp83

Got my hands on a Senad air filter system for Christmas! I have it installed now, looks great although I cannot test it because of the weather.

This system was made available just over a month ago, and is designed for the HPI Baja 5B & 5T but it also works on other trucks including our Rampage. It is based upon the Threshold filter kit that is now discontinued. The system uses a genuine Tecumseh 36905 paper air filter and is basically maintenance free (no more oiling or cleaning filters!). Apparently you do also get a performance increase vs the stock Baja filter because of less air restriction.

Senad has done a very nice job with this kit, all of the parts are top notch quality and fit perfectly.

I did run into a fault though (my own) that I would like to warn others about. When installing the base plate of the Senad system onto my carb I used the bolts & lock washers that came off of my Shreadstack. I didn't bother to notice that the head of the bolts were not flush with the holes in the plate and when putting it together it ended up pressing against the rubber end of the filter and distorting it (pics below)

The fix was easy, just remove the lock washers off the bolts and everything was gravy.

Unfortunately as I stated before I cannot test the system due to the winter weather we are getting here in Canada but the reviews that I have read on the Baja and OZ largescale forums have all been A+ on this system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Ah, I've read about this system. It looks pretty clunky, and you still need to run a pre-filter. As far as a possible performance increase, I doubt it would be enough to make a noticeable difference.

I was thinking about giving it a try, but I decided against it. $80 for the system, and the replacement filters are around $8. The HPI filter does the job just as well, and is cheaper to maintain.

jeffp83

Actually its fairly compact, its sticking out farther than it normally would because I am using an extended ZRC intake. The prefilter is not required and the filters are supposed to last up to a year. I agree though, it is expensive for what it is.

jeffp83

I saw that as well but there are plenty of guys running them without with no issues. A good paper filter can filter finer particles than foam.

LightForce

Oil filters are pain . I would buy paper one less maintenance for sure.

My filters on dusty track lasts 45 min then either clogged or dirt gets thru.

Kind of a expensive at 80$ maybe DDM Deal of the day someday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts