• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Savox, voltaje hungry.

robygon

I installed a new savox 0236 on my XT steering, and still have the 6 volts battery, the servo hardly moves the wheels while standing still and slow response while driving. It also buzz with the limits calibrated and the wheels straight. I need to move the control side to side few times and the buzz stops. Did I got a lemon or is this voltage related?

I have been looking for a 7.4 volts that fits into the battery box with no luck. Does anyone know where to find it? Or should I use the lipo pack with the hard case on the outside? Probably sticked with industrial strength velcro. I know that the futaba receiver can be use with the 7.4 volts, but I still have the stock throttle servo, will it stand the 7.4v? I heard that it is capable up to 9 volts or am I wrong?

sorry for the long post and so many questions, I really need guidance?

phreerider

get the 7.4 lipo 4200mah, killer rc is a good place to start and yes, the servo should be pretty snappy.

i use a padded pack with velcro on the side of RX box/chassis side guards for power outside the RX box zero issues.

recently found out savox has NO warranty not sure how they handle that , turned me off considering most are $$$.

HITEC WILL deliver a working servo, period! 2yr. warranty .

rcgasser

Well not to sure were that information come from but that is very incorrect savox has a warranty http://www.savoxusa.com/aboutus.asp I have delt with Savox and the warranty for a couple of years now and they do not hassle you at all on returning faulty products and will get you a working servo.

robygon

It's good to know that the outside 7.4 battery was not a crazy idea thanks for your help.

And for the savox, yes they have a one year warranty.

rcgasser

Also have you checked your servo saver???? You might just need to tighten down the screw on the servo saver.

Last edited by a moderator:

robygon

rcgasser said:
Also have you checked your servo saver???? You might just need to tighten down the screw on the servo saver.
Hmm... That never came to my mind to check.

Is there a level of adjustment or that is a rule of thumb?

rcgasser

There is a gold nut that you will see just tighten it down and if you have better moment in the steering then you know that is the problem. Its just a rule of thumb to check when you start having less steering because the nut can vibrate up from time to time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts