• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sand dune in my diff case.....

DUFFY

I put longer screws in the stock diff boxes after I tore off the front diff front 2 screws they might of just came loose. Holds up fine now. The diff mod and a t bone bumper will defiantly need longer screws since we got less threads. You should no problems after that.I'm also waiting on the chassis to buy the boxs.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfol

Deluge said:
That's a lot of sand for two loose screws!
Yeah I know, I did have some pretty major stacks, mostly tail down first as we were sending them full throttle up some steep dunes, landing on its tail must have pumped it in there......nice texture by the way,fine gray grease mix sand:eek: I got some great video on the day but my phone is having trouble up-loading it, what can I say its the first version of the samsung galaxy, I need a new phone:(

bigfol

DUFFY said:
I put longer screws in the stock diff boxes after I tore off the front diff front 2 screws they might of just came loose. Holds up fine now. The diff mod and a t bone bumper will defiantly need longer screws since we got less threads. You should no problems after that.I'm also waiting on the chassis to buy the boxs.
I have the t-bone front and rears as well, the front held up fine as for the rear, well you have seen the end result, :eek: longer screws are a must......

Deluge

I used some sealant on my MT's diff case, as well. They like to seap, for some reason.

G

bigfol said:
I got some great video on the day but my phone is having trouble up-loading it, what can I say its the first version of the samsung galaxy, I need a new phone:(
Yes you do! :eek:

I couldn't resist new iPhone is on its way:D

G

I'm a proud supporter of our economy. :D

DUFFY

I have not put the mod plate on my xbe yet. I spent a while getting the cups just right so the dog bone won't pop out under normal speed runs. I don't jump much but I crash enough and it stays in.

Do you like the way the xbe handles with the raised diff, I would think it would be better? Or is there even much difference at all? I hope the xbe chassis is in the works soon. I refuse to buy the kershaw mount only to replace it in a few months.

bigfol

DUFFY said:
I have not put the mod plate on my xbe yet. I spent a while getting the cups just right so the dog bone won't pop out under normal speed runs. I don't jump much but I crash enough and it stays in. Do you like the way the xbe handles with the raised diff, I would think it would be better? Or is there even much difference at all? I hope the xbe chassis is in the works soon. I refuse to buy the kershaw mount only to replace it in a few months.
Haven't seen a noticable differentence in the handling, if you put both diffs side by side, the original has 2 to rasied edges, so by fitting the mod plate you are really just putting the 7075 diff back in the same spot as the original.

DUFFY

Hmm i have an angle on my stock diff to 7075rc mount, so not sure what you guys mean lol. Im guessing the angle is worse with the 7075rc diff boxes? I hope the new XBE chassis sorts this out. We talked about this all ready in the 7075rc post.

Deluge

Other members have had issues with the center dogbones popping out due the angle with the 7075RC cases.

DUFFY

Hmm well mine flew out before with the stock cases. There is a slight angle with those too. I got it to stay in but just by a few cm. The motor mount is higher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts