• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Runaway rampages

Ronk

My son & I own a redcat xb & redcat mt5 - both are new - both have a problem when the battery voltage drops to around 5.75 volts the the throttle goes full on & the failsafe does not work - before every start up we test the failsafe & it works fine - this can be a dangerous situation - can anyone help ?

csp1971

Contributor
Definitely need a kill switch. Which radios do you have? The owner of the forum has a line of kill switches that will be coming out, Rob, any update on when the release is?

foxys

Ronk said:
My son & I own a redcat xb & redcat mt5 - both are new - both have a problem when the battery voltage drops to around 5.75 volts the the throttle goes full on & the failsafe does not work - before every start up we test the failsafe & it works fine - this can be a dangerous situation - can anyone help ?
Um, for a 5 cell pack, that voltage is dead. I don't run mine less then 6v. Get the killswitch and keep your pack charged. Use two packs if you need to (swap them out) but don't undervoltage them unless you like buying new packs.

foxys

+1 on that radio. Worth 4 times the cost. :)

Keith81

DemonRC said:
You will need a 3 channel radio to use the killswitches. Here's a link to the best dam radio for the buck. For $35 you can't beat it. It outperforms radios 3x it's cost. Fully waterproof receivers for $7.00 is nice too.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

Here's a link to a forum topic on it also:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5476
Looks like a great system, I just ordered one for my MT... If its as good as everyone says, I'm sure I'll be ordering another for the XT, and possibly my t-maxx, and my savage x.... :D

Thanks for sharing !

Keith81

How long does the shipping with hobby partz usually take, I am in NY and they are in CA, I still havent got my remote and reciever...

How was the experience for everyone else who bought this ?

XBENOOB

Keith81 said:
How long does the shipping with hobby partz usually take, I am in NY and they are in CA, I still havent got my remote and reciever... How was the experience for everyone else who bought this ?
I ordered mine on June 6, 2011..... Received it June 29, 2011

I am in Ontario Canada...

There was this little thing called a Postal Strike that could have delayed it a bit though.... lol

Normally it takes about 1 full week to receive it from HobbyPartz +/- a day or two..

Keith81

I'll give it another day or two before I call and see what the deal is.

rcgasser

Yes that is a great radio I have 2 of them myself they seem to stay out of stock with the receivers quite a bit just wanted to let every know that the redcat 2.4 receiver will work great with this radio also. Redcat seems to keep some in stock they cost more but for the person that do not want to wait they do work perfectly.

yknotrc

Keith81 said:
I'll give it another day or two before I call and see what the deal is.
Keith,

I have ordered from them a couple of times it was 5 days to New Jersey.

Have you checked the tracking info? They have always sent me an email with tracking info when they ship.

Dennis

Keith81

yknotrc said:
Keith,I have ordered from them a couple of times it was 5 days to New Jersey.

Have you checked the tracking info? They have always sent me an email with tracking info when they ship.

Dennis
Dennis,

I never got any tracking info or an email from them, I guess I will call right now..

-Keith

Edit:

Just got off the phone with them, I guess my order never went through, checked both my paypal and credit card statements and no charges to hobby partz... What luck I have sometimes.... UGH! Now they are out of stock and I have to wait... boo hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts