• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Run away with new spektrum radio

racetruck

my truck lost radio contact and ran off the fail did'nt work for some reason bent the chassis two drive shafts two diff cups broke 2 shock shafts

P4010003.jpg

Attachments

• P4010003.jpg
    P4010003.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 0

yolonda21

Contributor
Should have got a Futaba man..........all the bad stories about spektrum's and people are still buying them......hhmmm:D

Evildomain

Contributor
Well I never had a runaway using Spektrum. As a matter of fact I really liked their

failsafe. With Futaba you have to set it every time you turn on the truck unless you're

using all digital servos which I do on the Rampage but not my other 5th scales. Currently

I'm using a 3PMx, 3PKs and DX3R. All are 2.4ghz but I have to use my Futaba right now

for better range. Range was is an issue with some of my Spektrum's.

Last edited by a moderator:

racetruck

I have 4 or 5 futabas that have ran off at one time or another i will go back to my good old JR pro po that i got back in 1994 it is a pcm with a built in fail safe that has always worked great if i get back into r/c i am just about done with these new radios

nanoali

too bad!! actually im using an spektrum DX3s that came with the Ten T by Losi, and have a receiver on my ramp too, so i use the same radio on both cars. But.... yesterday after a long jump with the Ten T it came in fail safe mode, and there is no way that i can use it again. i tryed to bind it again but nothing work for me. anyway my ramp til is runing with the other receiver w/o telemetry (sr300). i don't know how to put it on the way again. i always wanted an spektrumradio system but i am not happy anymore with spektrum.

twisted - bones

I don't understand everyone's issue with Spektrum:confused:. I own a dx2,dx3 and two dx3s models and have never had an issue with range or a run away/fail-safe problem that was not my fault for having the settings wrong or actually getting out of range. Futaba is a good radio just not good enough for the price they want. Sorry about your ride but I have a hard time believing it was the radio and not the fact you had the fail-safe set up wrong:rolleyes:. That is what happened to me when mine went for a swim in the pond behind my house. Thought I had fail-safe set for full brake but instead it was set for full throttle and when the receiver pack went low it went to full throttle and swimming we went. Also have had a Hitech servo burn up at full throttle which there is nothing you can do about that but try and keep it from hitting someone. Maybe I am just lucky I don't know but I would stand behind Spektrum anytime.

twisted - bones

nanoali said:
too bad!! actually im using an spektrum DX3s that came with the Ten T by Losi, and have a receiver on my ramp too, so i use the same radio on both cars. But.... yesterday after a long jump with the Ten T it came in fail safe mode, and there is no way that i can use it again. i tryed to bind it again but nothing work for me. anyway my ramp til is runing with the other receiver w/o telemetry (sr300). i don't know how to put it on the way again. i always wanted an spektrumradio system but i am not happy anymore with spektrum.
Look for a broken wire in your battery/receiver box. if you have a servo with a broken wire or somehow the wires insulation is wore through and it crosses that will cause a fail-safe as well. Been through that, recently as a matter of fact. Drove me nuts for about 10 minutes.

nanoali

i understand you, but even with servos and sensors disconnected it does work.

twisted - bones said:
Look for a broken wire in your battery/receiver box. if you have a servo with a broken wire or somehow the wires insulation is wore through and it crosses that will cause a fail-safe as well. Been through that, recently as a matter of fact. Drove me nuts for about 10 minutes.

387mudslinger

Contributor
there is also one thing most people don't know about air waves.cb's ham'radios can and well over ride it. a tone from a kids toy. beep or sound waves. if there using more then 4 watts. 200 watts can over ride 900 hz.i run both cb, and im a ham tec.im not saying thats what happen to you. but if you have some one around you that understand it all thy may strat to mess with you. just one thing to think on. i run both spektrum and futaba and i can over ride them both.

rob64n

Contributor
twisted i hope you don't have any problems, but i can say one thing i have went through plenty of brand new out of the box jr servos and spectrum 2.0 and 3.0 are the same radio as the old jr radio. i bought a 2.0 thinkin maybe it had been improved, but i was wrong every new servo i have tried and i still get every once in awhile a throttle glitch, and last week it locked in failsafe mode and would not come out. i turned it on and off no change so i just left it on and it took 5 min. to come out of it and the truck wasn't running either. but i guess it lasted long enough for the warranty to run out a month ago, figures right, guess i'll go back to my roots. (futaba) lol. sucks bout your truck dad, but we'll get it fixed.

racetruck

Well rob and i found out what the problem is a bad receiver when i rebind the radio the receiver tells the throttle servo to go full left which will be full throttle and it stays in that mode i tryed my new receiver and things work like they should so i have to send the radio back to get it replaced

pipeous

my dx3.0 was bought when they came out. I've had to take mine apart to clean the switches they had gotten so dirty over the years. never once had an issue with range or runaways... other than my nitro bike when the rx battery went dead and I had forgotten to set my failsafe and it drove into a curb. lucky the bikes are tough as nails.

sucks to have a crash like that... but internet seems to over compensate for the odd problem and a blanket response by some slagging the whole line really seems to snowball,... one person has a problem, posts on the forums, his buddy sees that says something, and soon a whole bunch of people are talking about that brands problems when really it was just one person and all his buddies posting about it... Rob I am sure you can relate to that issue first hand ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.