• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Roll Cage!

Ruffy

Well i have been seeing many roll cages people are building. Most of them you cant put a stock body on. Mine is a little different but works more then expected. I stood on this cage to see if it would hold any weight and it held 210 pounds :)

Ruffy

TheNewbe said:
Looks tough and solid!
Thanks! I am very happy with it being a prototype but at the same time its a prototype and has many flaws. Right now in the making will be a roll cage and front/back bumpers. It will be a 3 piece kit. The roll cage will be separate from the front and rear bumpers. Here is the kicker for ya. The front bumper will have suspension :eek: The reason why is because whats the worst about hitting something at a good speed with the front bumper. It is the jolt it gets from a solid hitting a solid. The suspension will absorb most of the impact for a softer hit. Im most cases its not only a broken A arm or front shock. The motor and or any heavy items bolted down thrushes forward on a hard impact.

Ruffy

Update. Roll cage tested and saves MT and Jetpro :) After my MT flew as high as a ranch style house it landed on the front roof towards the windshield some what sideways. If I didnt have this roll cage I can guarantee my pipe would of bent under the truck and smashed the motor up. The roll cage did sustain a small easy fixable damage though. 2 of my welds broke off and lost them parts but like i said I can make new and reweld it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts