• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rhino digi4 and HPI steering servos

str8jailbird

Just wondering if the Rhino Digi 4 is a driect drop in or does it have to be modded like the HPI servo? The specs are very similar between the 2 and both are rated with about 100oz more torque than the Hitec. Just curious as I have a spare HPI servo waiting for the Baja 5T metal gear train to be put in it and I was considering trying it in the Ramp MT but was also curious about the Rhino.

kryptonite

you need the futaba conversion for the redcat, tho i have not gottin one yet. the width is fine, but you can only use the 2 top holes to mount the servo in. ive just been lazy i guess, but it works fine and keeps the servo off the bottom of the chassis so the water runs under it and doesn't sit on the servo case

Sprint 77

Contributor
Tne cas of the rino footprint of holes is the same as the 5745 Hitec Multiplex is owned by hitec.

One thing you are not realizing about the HPI servo it is anolog the holding torque drops way down quickly. I prefer the 5745 over the HPI for quality and holding torque , once you go all digital and run yur radio in HRS mode you will see a obvious performance difference between the two kind of signals.

Mounting them in Rampage with it is ok but you need to trim off two of the extruded bosses on the Rampage servo mount then JB weld tehm shut after dry redrill them and tap them so you can run all four bolts again.

str8jailbird

Thanks Sprint. Guess I will just stick with the Hitec then. I have a spare steernig servo then for my Baja. Had to replace the gears after a few bads jumps. I ordered the 5T gears to prevent any future stripped gears in the Baja. They replace the 2 plastic gears the SFL-10 has with 2 metal ones. Never understood why the MG designation is on there when it still has 2 plastic gears??? :mad:

mooman007uk

Banned
I was going to drop in a digi4, I have one in my fg and they're the best 1/4 scale servo out there, but thanks to clubins link I found 2 new 5745's for the same price as 1 digi4 so now I'm going dual (great hobbies has 5745's in Canada for $69.99cdn!!!) so now I'll have 500ozin initial torque over 383ozin

Sprint 77

Contributor
str8jailbird said:
Thanks Sprint. Guess I will just stick with the Hitec then. I have a spare steernig servo then for my Baja. Had to replace the gears after a few bads jumps. I ordered the 5T gears to prevent any future stripped gears in the Baja. They replace the 2 plastic gears the SFL-10 has with 2 metal ones. Never understood why the MG designation is on there when it still has 2 plastic gears??? :mad:
In my opinion you can buy a better servo than the hitec 5745 but you can not buy a better servo for the $. It is programable too and in march Hitec is releasing there new software based programers . So for those of us with PC's can benefit from servo pragramming without the high cost of propgraming testers. The new ones will be $25 - 40 instead of the old HFP-20 at @$130 Get yourself a 5745 and get the AMS servo direct harness from DDM and it will turn no matter what, maybe even a 7.4 lipo with a Castle creations regulator.

IMADMAN

RampageHopUps said:
Redcat is ordering some dual servo kits for us.
Rob,

Before I start drilling new holes in my chassis, do you know if it will use the existing holes from the radio box as the mounting set-up?

Bklyn77

The best servo out there for the largescale is the KOPROPO 1/4 scale servo. I believe it is the 8044 I have them in almost all my 1/5 expect the Rampage which is getting a make over. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts