• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rest in Pieces, SGT Piggy (Warning, GRAPHIC)

Guantanamo Joe

To make matters worse, I kept running the truck and on a huge hill climb- my throttle servo finally crapped out on me. Luckily as she jumped the top of the hill and dissapeared on the other side, Killer Bee saved the day... ha ha ha

I owe you a beer, Killer Bee!!!

G

I don't see any mesh tape & goo.? It might have saved it. :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
There was some there, but not near enough... I used most of it on my 2 Short Course bodies and only had a little left over for this one.
I have seen camo colored duct tape. I guess that could be an option now. LOL

Guantanamo Joe

We have it in Supply, they call it 100MPH tape... I can probably get ahold of some.

Question: Has anyone ever taken a body, painted it, lined it with goo and then sandwiched another body inside? Me and my buddy were considering this option and I think it would be bullet-proof :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
We have it in Supply, they call it 100MPH tape... I can probably get ahold of some.Question: Has anyone ever taken a body, painted it, lined it with goo and then sandwiched another body inside? Me and my buddy were considering this option and I think it would be bullet-proof :D
That would help on the really thin bodies. The bodies that are thicker would be hard to get another completely inside, if that makes sense. When I get bodies in bulk they are stacked but they don't completely fit inside each other.

blak__jak

if you would have warned me that you were going to lock up your brakes we could have avoided all the damage!! just kidding but it does kind'a look like we could have been bashing together.

blak__jak

i really should have started a new thread with that picture called if there are still any questions about the abuse a redcat can take this should answer them because you're looking at the results of an almost wot crash with a concrete block. it was actually the second block up in a pile of three. i hit it hard enough to knock it from between the other two with the top block coming to rest on top of the truck. being sure that i had caused some major damage to the truck i just hit the kill switch and went over to check it out. to my surprise after seeing the body explode like it did the only thing wrong other than the body was a big gough in the bumper and i merrily went back to trying to making it around the track without breaking anything else. the whole point being that these cats are one tuff truck!!!

Guantanamo Joe

I 2nd that, we have an excavation site that we have been bashing at lately and have put our MTs through some crazy abuse... nothing has broken yet on any of the 3 MTs that we have out here.

(except the bodies... 2 of the three have been turned into cab only bodies)

rampagemt

I would like to test out the MCD truck body on the mt see how durable it is. Bet a lot better

cherryride

I have brand new truck body that came with my MT . It looked so cheap i didnt even bother to paint it! I have it stuck in a big box with all the other junk i have replaced.

I did trim it for the cpi pipe i never used! lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts