• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Remove clutch spring

Kaz the Minotaur

How do you remove the clutch spring? I want to swap in the red one but I can't keep the shoes immobilized so I can take those 2 bolts out.

Kaz the Minotaur

I got it. I found a way to wedge a screw driver in to hold the shoes still. I was then able to get the shoes off.

NitroBurn

Like Nitro Pit said use a piston stopper. Very worth owning if you plan to run gassers much. Easiest way to work on the springs is after you get the shoes off just give em twist and the spring should slip right out. Then install the new one in the holes and twist em straight again to get it started. Then put the shoes in a vise and finish squeezing them together till they lock. Then reinstall your shoes and you're done.

MOfroggy

You can try the "rope in the hole" trick but be SURE that the piston is very close to the top of it's stroke when you insert the rope and DON'T put in more rope than is absolutely necessary like I did or you will be chasing a 1/4" piece that gets sheared off between the piston and the exhaust port.

Shiny

MOfroggy said:
You can try the "rope in the hole" trick but be SURE that the piston is very close to the top of it's stroke when you insert the rope and DON'T put in more rope than is absolutely necessary like I did or you will be chasing a 1/4" piece that gets sheared off between the piston and the exhaust port.
The rope is good. And it can get shredded by the transfer ports as will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts