• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat rally

bigblkblazin

Bring back the redcat rally seriously. Now that they have the xb-e they should make the rally-e. People want the large scale brushless onroad awd . Not all of us wanna be dirty all the time and or smell like gas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
bigblkblazin said:
Bring back the redcat rally seriously. Now that they have the xb-e they should make the rally-e. People want the large scale brushless onroad awd . Not all of us wanna be dirty all the time and or smell like gas.
Thats actually not a very bad idea at all :D

RampageHopUps

That's very easy to do. Sell the buggy body and tires. The FG wheels fit right on and the bodies are easy to find in all shapes.

rob64n

Contributor
bigblkblazin said:
Sounds like a lot of work , finding selling wheels . The brushless rally kit would be a super money maker . Is the red cow listening or what .
it's actually kinda easy to find the wheels and body, the rest is just a few pieces of hardware.

bigblkblazin

If i can find a gaser i will do a conversion worthy of the history books. or buy on direct from himoto

bigblkblazin

I actually finished the conversion with a angle iron a cc1717 motor and a mamba monster max . Final drive ratio is 12:1 . I used the the pinion that was attached to the center spur , i just bored it out to accommodate the motor(Had to buy a mini lathe because the assholes in my city wanna charge 120.00 to do such simple work) Pictures coming soon.

bigblkblazin

Nothing fancy

DSCF2117.jpg

I just bored the pinion and used some angle aluminum for the motor mount .Also note i flipped the spur around.

DSCF2118-1.jpg

Radio : spektrum dx3

Motor : cc1717

esc : Monster mamba max

servo : Himoto e9009 (soon to be upgraded)

Batteries: 6s 5000mah

Wieght : with batteries 18lbs

Does about 50 mph .

The motor does get warmer than i though it would . Thinking of using mod 1 gears in the near future for more readily available options

jackson

wheel?

RampageHopUps said:
That's very easy to do. Sell the buggy body and tires. The FG wheels fit right on and the bodies are easy to find in all shapes.
what bodies will fit on it? since they are in all shapes and sizes? as well as the tires? but not a bad idea having the rally back even if it is the gas one!

bigblkblazin

Ohh ya and don't do what I did and use angle aluminum. Its not strong enough . i have since moved to the redcat xb-e setup .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts