• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Brushless 1/8 RTR

hamster huey

These look cool! I wonder how they compare to 8ight brushless? Whats the chassis made of and where are parts for these? They are very affordable.

hamster huey

Ok I just went to the redcat site. They have 540 motors and an 80 amp esc. These appear to be stretched out 1/10s with dual battery trays and 17mm wheels. It looks like they don't share much with a traditional 1/8. Because it only has an 80 amp esc and lower power lipos I bet its lightweight. Still looks good just different than I was expecting.

zielkeracing

For the money they are very nice and they are also 10mm wheelbase longer then stated. I'm sure redcat posted this as they were sent the info. VERY nice buggies and fast as heck out of the box. Nice shocks with thick fluid, not known whats in them. Overall they are nice and was impressed. Will post some vids up this weekend. We ran one today charged with the stock charger - one at a time as it runs on 2 lipo's and lasted a full hour. Not ball out the whole time but awesome fun.

cable97526

We have one here at the local shop that were competing for and let me tell you it's no Eight E but it flat moves and so far has taken some "corporal" punishment from us testing it out. It's easily as fast as a .21 buggy but still handles well and has a center diff. Can't beat the under $300 price tag either. :)

zielkeracing

I have had mine apart already. I upgraded to the aluminum hop ups and set up my suspension and changed the diff fluids. I also added the grub screws on the a-arms for ride height and add the sway bars. Very nice buggy!

jigawatt

Soon as they give word of an electric Hurricane XTR, I'm all over it. I don't see it happening though :(

jigawatt

Well I managed to find what I was hoping for... unfortunately it doesn't have a CAT on it though :(

6.JPG

/monthly_2010_02/6.JPG.62ce343f48c67da8e3b2d8e0ef6bc089.JPG

angryrecords

The Hurricane is sweet, I agree, it would make an awesome electric.

jigawatt said:
Soon as they give word of an electric Hurricane XTR, I'm all over it. I don't see it happening though :(

angryrecords

That so badass.. :)

cable97526 said:
We have one here at the local shop that were competing for and let me tell you it's no Eight E but it flat moves and so far has taken some "corporal" punishment from us testing it out. It's easily as fast as a .21 buggy but still handles well and has a center diff. Can't beat the under $300 price tag either. :)

krashkrieg

Contributor
jigawatt said:
They have so many interchangable parts, you should give a conversion a try yourself. Or get the backdraft and change up the parts you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts