• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rebirth of the MT.

claude bigelow

I need of some Help!!! Ok installed new parts and took it outside to test. My issues are:

1. My throttle trim is completely off, turned truck off and removed servo arm throttle/brake. Turned it back on so servo is centered, put arm back on and my trim looks like this(pic below)

I'm guessing being that because it's set to reverse if I switch it to normal I'll be able to push it back to the middle and it should be fine.(really not sure)

2. Car runs fine and brakes are good but every time I hit the brakes it kills the motor.

I know these might be some easy fixes, but I was taught a long time ago ask what you might think to be a dumb question instead of guessing and really screwing things up.

Any input appreciated

Claude

BertR

I had an issue When it dies on breaking... It was the idle screw was too far out and the slider for the throttle rod was griping and pulling the carb hammer back to far .

REVOlutionary Rampage

claude bigelow said:
I need of some Help!!! Ok installed new parts and took it outside to test. My issues are:1. My throttle trim is completely off, turned truck off and removed servo arm throttle/brake. Turned it back on so servo is centered, put arm back on and my trim looks like this(pic below)

I'm guessing being that because it's set to reverse if I switch it to normal I'll be able to push it back to the middle and it should be fine.(really not sure)

2. Car runs fine and brakes are good but every time I hit the brakes it kills the motor.

I know these might be some easy fixes, but I was taught a long time ago ask what you might think to be a dumb question instead of guessing and really screwing things up.

Any input appreciated

Claude
It sounds like you guessed right. :) I was in the same boat and that's what it was.

Sparky

claude bigelow said:
Thanks I guess your talking about the trim. Any idea of hitting the brakes and killing the motor?[/quoteThey are saying screw in your idle screw a little on your carb. When your radio gear is on, look at your carb. Hit the brakes and the carb's throttle should not move. If it moves then your carb is closing a little bit more than when the car is at idle. Thus restricting just enough gas to kill the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

claude bigelow

Sparky said:
claude bigelow said:
Thanks I guess your talking about the trim. Any idea of hitting the brakes and killing the motor?[/quoteThey are saying screw in your idle screw a little on your carb. When your radio gear is on, look at your carb. Hit the brakes and the carb's throttle should not move. If it moves then your carb is closing a little bit more than when the car is at idle. Thus restricting just enough gas to kill the engine.
Ok thanks I'll take a look at it.

REVOlutionary Rampage

claude bigelow said:
Thanks I guess your talking about the trim. Any idea of hitting the brakes and killing the motor?
Yes, I was talking about the trim on the radio. if your engine ran fine before you worked on it. I would check the trim first then adjust the engine. It seems to me like the linkage isn't working like it is supposed to, but I'm just guessing.

claude bigelow

REVOlutionary Rampage said:
Yes, I was talking about the trim on the radio. if your engine ran fine before you worked on it. I would check the trim first then adjust the engine. It seems to me like the linkage isn't working like it is supposed to, but I'm just guessing.
Got it thanks

claude bigelow

Well packed up car to test it and my Losi out after repairs. Didn't realize I left the air filter home, cleaned it and forgot it on the living room table. Try again today when I back head to the park.

claude bigelow

Well guys just call me the 5th scale killer. Damaged to chassis in one day, anybody knows OlFart tell him if he needs chassis tested send them my way. Anyway after I killed my Losi started to run my Redcat. Krashkrieg helped me fix the issues and I started running it. I guess I got to happy and ran it right over a high bank hill into someone's backyard. Once I got to it to check it out damaged the body and bent my new chassis. It has been an epic day!!!!

claude bigelow

Phill said:
Fixing them is half the funJust a pity parts aren't free
Yes sir whether it's minor or major that's the way it goes for me. Run each weekend brake some stuff, fix during the week. Then repeat step 1, simple life that I enjoy. That's what I get up and goto work for each day. But only if I could make my own parts, I'll be my biggest customer.

Sparky

Holy crap Claude. You have had some terrible luck lately. I hope it turns around for you. At least you have a good attitude about it.

Rampagenewfie

Hey I'm wondering what tires and rims that you are running they look to be a lot smaller than the stock Mt tires I'm currently trying to find something that will fit with the hpi desert rat body I want to put on my mt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts