• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear wheel drive only?

ChuenouXiao

Have anyone here tried running their XB, MT or Dune Runner with the rear dog bone only? What kind of performance do you get? Just wondering......

G

The MT, & DR would hold up better. The X-series might see some premature failure.

Deluge

The Dunerunner, for sure. The MT, maybe. If you run the stock MT wheels you'd probably snap some driveshafts.

DemonRC

Deluge said:
The Dunerunner, for sure. The MT, maybe. If you run the stock MT wheels you'd probably snap some driveshafts.
I bet you would break the diff outdrive shafts at the pinhole like back in the old days.

ImminentFailure

I had this on my XT. It handled like crap for me without 4wd, and given the drive-train setup on these, i got robbed of a lot of power. It accelerated like crap. I ended up breaking 2 diff cups. They aren't 'designed' for all that power to go to 2 wheels. Go HPI if that's your gig to be honest, because you are going to have a system designed for it, as well as a lot of aftermarket beef ups for the drive train in general.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts