• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear shock placement on Chimera SR

mattjk

Just got my Chimera, haven't ran it yet, but I'm not too pleased with what they did with the rear shock placement.

Looks like they just used the sway bar location to mount the bottom of the shock, placing it way too inboard, so the rear end feels too soft.

Would have been better to make a new rear arm with more mounting locations, so we could at least use the rear sway bar as well.

Anyone else feel that the rear is too soft, or does it handle fine? The way it is now, the front is WAY too stiff in relation to the back.

Maybe I could make a new rear lower shock mount to mount the shocks out more on the arm.

Your thoughts? Thanks

jhawk19

I think tuning it with different oils is the best way to go. Trying to make a new shock mount is going to be cumbersome and I doubt it's going to look that good.

Ol' fart

I've run my Chimera behind my building on asphalt and the inside rear tire comes off the ground in turns. The shock mount/sway bar kit fix's the problem.

RampageShop

That's the way Redcat should have built the Chimera in the first place! More great work Ol'fart.

Doug...fix the link in your signature...it still goes to your old website

Rob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts