• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear mount pipe

HERSHEY

Is there a rear mount tuned pipe for the xb that requires no modding. One that will fit right on.

philztoy

I just bought a jetpro rear mount pipe. I have not installed it yet but it looks very nice. It wasn't easy to find. But search jetpro rear pipe on Google. CPI makes a nice pipe too. I have one of those on my MT. They make one for the XB I think. there is a link here of a minor mod using a pipe made for a Baja 5B which looks really nice also.

I will let you know if I have any issues installing the Jet Pro.

Phil

HERSHEY

That'll be great. Thx. I like the side but I think the rear mounted one looked more beefY. In my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryneito

I have a King Motor rear pipe and only mod i had to do was cut the flange off since it wouldnt fit thru shock tower. Pipe is loud and was only $70 shipped.

rampagemt

Re: Rear mount pipe

The rear mount jetpro can be found at jetpros website and also rampage hop ups.com. there is no mods needed whatsoever. Good choice on going with the rear mount as its an end bleed and will push your motor into a higher rpm. Good luck with your purchase. Mount that bad boy up and let er rip!

jackson

pipe?

Ryneito said:
I have a King Motor rear pipe and only mod i had to do was cut the flange off since it wouldnt fit thru shock tower. Pipe is loud and was only $70 shipped.
hey bud wich one of the km rear pipes did you got for your rampage??? thinking about getting one too!!

Ryneito

Theres a pic of the pipe "semi" installed here...http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=10241

Since that thread i have made a custom mount for it..I guess to clearify your original question. I did have to cut the flange off to get it thru the shock tower and make up a mount for it. Thats it...

I found it on ebay for $69 free shipping. Great deal IMO...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rovan-1-5-Hi-Performance-tuned-pipe-Exhaust-fits-HPI-Baja-5b-SS-5t-King-Motor-/261005932726?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item3cc52a78b6

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

I got the same pipe for xmas for my xt.i just cut the shock tower a little bigger.didn't mount it yet becuase waitin for gear plate and plan on doing some motor work.but what a nice pipe for the price.its a dom v2 clone.it has a real nice finish.also i got outerwears for pull start and air filter for $12 for the set talk about deal.i got 3 sets cheaper then if i got 1 and 1 from ddm.

rampagemt

The km outerwears? I just bought like 6 sets off eBay for cheap! Tgeres also the rovan ones for 11 by ka shipped but the pullstart filter don't got Velcro I don't think.

Ildy666

It doesn't have velcro but it fits well. it has elastic instead.

philztoy

I just got done with the install of the rear jetpro pipe. Very easy, great fit, very nice!

I had to take a little flashing off of the end of the short pipe. Be careful to blow these pipes out good and make sure it is clean on the inside. Contaminants can get sucked in through the exhaust and ruin your running day.

Jetpro rear is a nice fit in the XB can't wait to see how it sounds and runs. Going to install baja conversion hubs next and put on a set of bow ties I have laying around :)

Ildy666

$55 bucks and there still makin money.think about the mark up on the name brand pipes.i know these r sweat shop pipes.but its no different from a ddm pipe.IMO.....

rampagemt

Ya the markup on the big named pipes is crazy for what they make them for. They all should be like 50 bucks

RampageHopUps

rampagemt said:
Ya the markup on the big named pipes is crazy for what they make them for. They all should be like 50 bucks
Yep. And gas should be 20 cents a gallon. Its only refined oil that comes out of the ground for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts