• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Real damage this time

newrcownerxbe

no cosmetic damage this time...now i need new parts :(

now sure how this one happend...but i noticed my steering was getting really really slow, so i decide to start taking the front end apart.

the steering arm keeps rubbing on the back half of the gear box (broken gear box that is)

powerslave69

where you've been?

newrcownerxbe said:
no cosmetic damage this time...now i need new parts :(
now sure how this one happend...but i noticed my steering was getting really really slow, so i decide to start taking the front end apart.

the steering arm keeps rubbing on the back half of the gear box (broken gear box that is)
it looks like you just got eliminated out of a demolition derby. it might break the bank. ouch!! hey, that's why we're into this hobby, right? who said "if it ain't broke, you're not playing hard enough!" is a genius! :D

newrcownerxbe

after an even closer inspecion i think i may have even bent the solid metal bottom to the car...anyone know where i could find out what the precise angle should be? or someone angle theirs out for me please?

i seem to be way to hard on my beast! :eek:

IMA_MudSlut

we're here for you

newrcownerxbe said:
after an even closer inspecion i think i may have even bent the solid metal bottom to the car...anyone know where i could find out what the precise angle should be? or someone angle theirs out for me please?
i seem to be way to hard on my beast! :eek:
I'm selling my front lower suspension arm(2pcs.) but all I ask is honesty, if you broke this part and you have an MT V3. I'll help. I'll send this out to ya if you need it. If you don't, then I'll just keep posting it for sale. Let me know. I don't have a lot of spare parts to...ahhh...."spare" :D right now. The ones you have in those pics, I don't have 'em. hey, I've been reading how the Rampers (that's us) in this forum are always ready to give a helping hand to other Rampers in need. let me know dude! :D

Triggerman77

Contributor
powerslave69 said:
it looks like you just got eliminated out of a demolition derby. it might break the bank. ouch!! hey, that's why we're into this hobby, right? who said "if it ain't broke, you're not playing hard enough!" is a genius! :D
+1 and I said that :D LMAO!

newrcownerxbe

thank you for the offer man, but i don't believe i need thoes parts, mine have only minor scuffs on it right now and are still holding strong, much appreciated tho.

IMA_MudSlut said:
I'm selling my front lower suspension arm(2pcs.) but all I ask is honesty, if you broke this part and you have an MT V3. I'll help. I'll send this out to ya if you need it. If you don't, then I'll just keep posting it for sale. Let me know. I don't have a lot of spare parts to...ahhh...."spare" :D right now. The ones you have in those pics, I don't have 'em. hey, I've been reading how the Rampers (that's us) in this forum are always ready to give a helping hand to other Rampers in need. let me know dude! :D

Triggerman77

Contributor
Well I took my MT out today first time in two weeks and broke another diff Cup shaft!!!

On the front this time!! I been breaking The rear one Every other run or so. The shafts break right where the pin goes through the shaft into the Differential Assembly. They Use to have smaller pin on older models and the pins broke NOW They made the Whole in shaft bigger for larger Pin and now the Shaft snaps :(

I been thinking of sending a few of them to Redcat to see what the deal is BC The first one broke BC i was jumping but the other 3 where in a flat dirt field!! Today I was Doing Cyclone doughnuts on dirt :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Triggerman77 said:
Well I took my MT out today first time in two weeks and broke another diff Cup shaft!!!
On the front this time!! I been breaking The rear one Every other run or so. The shafts break right where the pin goes through the shaft into the Differential Assembly. They Use to have smaller pin on older models and the pins broke NOW They made the Whole in shaft bigger for larger Pin and now the Shaft snaps :(

I been thinking of sending a few of them to Redcat to see what the deal is BC The first one broke BC i was jumping but the other 3 where in a flat dirt field!! Today I was Doing Cyclone doughnuts on dirt :)
That's an old problem with an easy fix. The stock shafts will develop fine fractures around the pin hole in a single run. I'm sure this is because of the heat treament to reduce wear on the drive cup. The solution is to take a torch and heat the shaft around the pin hole untill it turns blueish. This will soften the metal so it's not so brittle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts