• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

re routing fuel line

Kaz the Minotaur

I'd like to re route the fuel line but it looks like there is no extra fuel line. Where can you get fuel line and to you need male adapters to connect the pieces? Can you take the stock fuel line out of the tank and replace it with a larger piece?

Skater229

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I'd like to re route the fuel line but it looks like there is no extra fuel line. Where can you get fuel line and to you need male adapters to connect the pieces? Can you take the stock fuel line out of the tank and replace it with a larger piece?
I replaced mine... Carefully remove the black grommit with lines going into tank, remove 'clunker' install on new line... I would say pull the return line off first and replace with new line, so that way you do not mix the two up... It is going to be hard to get the black part back in, but it will go... I left enough line so it can route near the rollbar and used a zip tie to hold in place...

Skater

RampageHopUps

You can get the fuel line at any of the go-ped dealers in your town, or online like DDM.

hellya

thats 1 thing i didnt like about the truck they didnt give any slack in the gas lines...... mine actually rested on the muffler from the factory:confused:

$5 later problem solved:)

Skater229

hellya said:
thats 1 thing i didnt like about the truck they didnt give any slack in the gas lines...... mine actually rested on the muffler from the factory:confused:
$5 later problem solved:)
I didn't like the black fuel lines, I like to be able to see something move in the line... about 10mins later and it was done...

Skater

MOfroggy

Is there any trick (besides will power and patience) to getting the plug that the fuel lines go through into the tank? I pulled on mine and it was TIGHT so I quit pulling because I thought if it was hard to get out it was going to be hard to get back in. I added fuel line using a double ended male adapter but I figure this is just asking for air leaks. I was in a hurry to run it was the reason I did it the way I did.

MOfroggy

Skater229

MOfroggy said:
Is there any trick (besides will power and patience) to getting the plug that the fuel lines go through into the tank? I pulled on mine and it was TIGHT so I quit pulling because I thought if it was hard to get out it was going to be hard to get back in. I added fuel line using a double ended male adapter but I figure this is just asking for air leaks. I was in a hurry to run it was the reason I did it the way I did.
MOfroggy
You nailed it... just power and time, you don't want to use anything sharp cause you might cut it... I just kept pulling and rolling my finger and it popped out... and as for getting it back in, it isn't that bad... you put one side in and just keep working it around... Good Luck...

Skater

flint mann

If the hose is tight on the fitting you shouldn't get any air leaks but you can put a zip tie around each end to insure that you don't MO

hellya

I just removed the entire plug.... pull up one side with both thumbs and work our way around

To reinstall put one side on, then use a small flat head screwdriver and push the plug back it in the hole (little bites)... then spin it......very easy to do:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

What is the ID and OD of the fuel line?

There is a GoPed / RC / ATV / JetSki shop in the next town south of me so I can get some there.

So the main fuel line is the one that connects by the primer bulb? And the return is the other line?

hellya

Shiny said:
No I think it is the other way. The feed line is the one on the bottom of the carb.
Yep top line is the return...bottom has the clunk/feed line

Garrett

I grabbed semi-transparent/blue line from DDM (part jj32x). Looks cool but haven't installed it yet.

Should I add a fuel filter of some kind too? If so, what is the best kind?

Shiny

I recommend to use an in line filter with the filter in the tank.

I have been using this one and vary happy with it.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1842.html

I have this one as will but did not try it till now.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product610.html

You can use this for the fuel lines.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1554.html

PS: I like to use DDM site because I fined it easy to fined what I want. I am not promoting this site. I have been accused of this earlier. All what is on this site is avalabel on many other sites.

hellya

if you look at the clunk ...it has filtration:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater229

Here is mine...

Skater

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts