• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

RAMTech Front End Suspension Arm Holder and Cracked Diff Housings

DemonRC

Ok so two runs in a row I had major front end trama which resulted in two busted diff housings. First, was a 10ft nosedive off a hill and I landed on my front right wheel. Today, at the beach, I nailed a garbage container at full speed. My same right front wheel caught it. The impact pushed the front diffs rear hinge pin plate backward, bends it, and snaps the diff housing. Notice that both breakages are at the right rear chassis bolt location. Does the RAMTech Front End Suspension Arm Holder fit on the rear side of the front diff housing? Can anybody confirm this? If so, it should help the problem since it has two bolts to keep it from moving. Right now the stock setup puts all the stress on the diff housing.

OH... GOOD NEWS! That same suspension arm survived both impacts. I boiled mine before I ever started my TT up.

P.S. Ever see a Baja rocket up a 15ft wall? I'm talking 90 degrees f#$%#$ straight up. I've got video to prove it and will get it up as soon as my buddy get's it off his camera. It's insane. You guys are gonna think it's doctored. We did it a few times just to show that it wasn't a freak accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Clubin said:
You gotta stop drinking and driving your rc's. lol
That's like BBQing up some steaks on a beautiful Sunday evening without a beer in sight :D . Some things are just worse than death.

I still would like to know which side those Ramtech arm holders fit on. I guess I'll just order the front and rear right now and find out. I'll post the results in case anybody would like to know. I'd rather strengthen that area up so I can just bust the suspension arms since those are much cheaper and easier to replace.

Rammer

Is this what your looking for,rear arm holders ??? Here's some pictures....They fit .....Get two rears for the back of truck,Get two fronts for the front of truck .....You will also need a small $10.00 counter sink , to resese the holes for the screws,on the bottem of truck.You can get that from the hardware store ....

RAMtech-rear-holders 001.JPG

RAMtech-rear-holders 002.JPG

RAMtech-rear-holders 003.JPG

/monthly_2009_04/583c6057d5c75_RAMtech-rear-holders001.JPG.176a95f09d549b70575caf91b89f4f66.JPG

/monthly_2009_04/583c6057d72c0_RAMtech-rear-holders002.JPG.c0e1a7cf385d9dab38601e8c99a6aa4f.JPG

/monthly_2009_04/583c6057d88ce_RAMtech-rear-holders003.JPG.df7afcacfd404165ba93a5d3a729daf8.JPG

pup1970

Is there any way of adding positive caster to these things, When you land on the front at a steep dive, more caster will take alot of stress off the diff. I did the same thing.

DemonRC

Rammer said:
Is this what your looking for,rear arm holders ??? Here's some pictures....They fit .....
Get two rears for the back of truck,Get two fronts for the front of truck .....

You will also need a small $10.00 counter sink , to resese the holes for the screws,on the bottem of truck.

You can get that from the hardware store ....
Thanks Rammer. That answered my question.

mooman007uk said:
I broke one the same not long ago after spanking a concrete slab, lower arm...boiled of course...is still on it, bent a top turnbuckle too
Looks like you broke yours at the bolt hole too. I got 1 front and 1 rear holder coming in. I'm gonna put them on the insides of the diffs for right now. Eventually I'm gonna get all 4 like Rammer has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts