• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XT Hard Starting

Jon2x74

Anyone knows the reasons for a hard starting XT engine?

Thanks!

Jon2x74

just finished breaking In the engine...last time it took me an hour to start the engine then after it start I reset all the needles and fine tuned the engine.... i will try to start the engine tomorrow if it improves...

Deluge

Sounds like it could be flooding. Usually it won't take much to start. A few pulls with the choke on until it pops, then turn the choke off and pull until it starts. Have you pulled the plug out and let the cylinder dry out for a bit before trying to start it again? You could try a new plug, as well.

Kaceno

definitely keep extra new plugs around. I've had starting issues that were immediately fixed by using a new plug. 2-strokes foul plugs, always keep spares.

rcgasser

Kaceno said:
definitely keep extra new plugs around. I've had starting issues that were immediately fixed by using a new plug. 2-strokes foul plugs, always keep spares.
If you are fouling plugs you are not tuned right.

Sinist3r

Yeah, I agree. I've fouled my plug out by the carb not being adjusted right. I take the plug out, blow a little compressed air into the cylinder, clean the plug with a wire brush, then put it back in. Hate to ask this, but are you adjusting the carb when the engine is warm? My brother in law and I tuned my carb yesterday and it was a pain to get it right, and that was with a 44 deg temp outside. We found that if we ran the low needle out too much, the engine rpm would surge. Just thought I'd add that information in there in case someone has the same issue that we did.

ika

I had same problem, found that I was not pulling correctly.

You have to pull as fast/hard impact as you can, 2-4 pulls and must starts.

RampageHopUps

Holy bad advise batman.

The proper way is to pull slow until the pawl engages. Then pull hard. Repeat as needed

If you jus pull fast and hard, you will break the pawl and get blisters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts