• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage V2 vs Baja 5B SS

50mph

I was wondering about the Rampage V2 that I was looking over at my LHS.

How fast is the Rampage V2, the 23cc seems small for that big truck. Will this pull the truck around, what about digging itself out of a hole? 4WD seems better for just funning around.

I was trying to compare the speed differences,

Baja 5B SS (26cc) vs the Rampage V2 (23cc) How fast are both of these stock?

Sprint 77

Contributor
The SS has a better pipe so naturally it will be faster.

The Rampage with a pipe will run with it though.

And at quite a bit less at www.rampagehopups.com in price for truck you got $$ left over for a nice pipe.

The big bore kit is less than $100 ask Rob at Rampage Hpups on a price for truck with a bore kit and a pipe at same time he might give you a break if you ask.

Sprint 77

Contributor
The handling on the Rampage compared to my baja is night and day. My baja is faster in straight line but there is no way it can catch the Rampage on a track or tight course area to run.

pipeous

28.5 with headkit, 29 with stuffed crank. I like having a bit smaller cc to get higher revs. I have a 26 in my fg vw and a 26 was in my fh mt. they rev a bit higher. I just use a red clutch spring for bottom and good pipe.

23 is a little gutless but makes it easier to control. buggy it works anyway. a good pipe makes a world of difference

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

My baja ss I built from scratch had a 26cc and that thing was faster in a straight line but being 2wd it was hard to even go straight the engine broke the rear bow ties, stock, all tires loose so easy. Like driving on ice during acceleration but yeah faster. I sold it to get a ramp and never looked back. The ramp is fast, fun and controllable compared to the baja. The baja is just overpowered with only 2wd, like a brushless 2wd 1/10 truck and a 7700kv motor. The ramp is like a 1/8 buggy with a 2650kv, much more versatile and fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts