• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT Buggy questions

jcmgroom

Im thinking about buying a TT buggy, Hopefully you guys can help me with some questions,

I own a HPI Baja 5b and a bunch of us meet every sunday morning and race at the track that we built in Sugarland, TX about 25-30 of us. 95% Hpi, rest FG. I have been looking at the TT for a while, I know that they don't have the parts support that HPI has and that is important. What I need to know is can anyone give me some insite of some of the downs to this buggy. Parts that I need to replace ASAP, motor, servos , gears, ect . Things that I need to know. I don't know these Redcats like you do

I want to buy one because its 4 wheel drive and its differant, and I like to be differant

I have seen that redcat sell parts also DDM , does anyone know where else they would recomend within the US, also, has anyone had problems getting main problem parts. If there are aftermarket parts please let me know

Thanks for all your help. :confused:

RampageHopUps

I am 1-2 days away from you. There are alot of guys in Texas, just look around at some threads and their location.

Occasionally parts go out of stock, but not for very long.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Rob is sooo right, he ships fast and carries every part you could need as well as some other sponsors on your left

....Also, you will most likely replace the things that you would replace on a stock Baja (Servos, Exhaust, Head Kit, add Outwears covers, 813 carb...) but it will ultimately cost way less and you will have an awesome 4WD.

hamster huey

Yeah hes right, same stuff youd replace on a HPI: head kit, pipe, wheels/tires, servos, radio syst., HPI air filter, remove or vent gear cover, batt, outerwears. You might want to strengthen the cage or put on cage risers to protect the plug some. But the HPI usually needs towers, arms, front end strengthened, and a few more the Rampage generally does not. And the Rampage will need an assembly inspection. A few of them have had assembly issues BUT whoever you buy from should take care of any assembly boo-boos.

Trickle007

Contributor
I am new to Redcat as well and I recently just purchased a rampage Mt from Rob aka www.rampagehopups.com. Great place to purchase from and all around good good customer service.

jcmgroom

Rob, sounds like the man to go to, that works for me. Rob, If I have any questions I will e-mail you.

Does Rampage parts take a while to get in? example, metal gears, housing, bearings, ect. I have noticed that some distribs online, DDM, and others all say "out of stock" I emailed a few and they responded saying " Sorry no ETA". I don't want to get stuck with a buggy that I have to wait months to get parts, That would not be good!

I have never been a fan for CEN products, but, on there website in the parts, It says we carry all parts in stock for the matrix5 at our US dist center and we can ship right after you order, if we don't have the parts in stock you get the part for FREE, just pay for shipping.

I think that great service, but, too bad there buggys do hold together.

I want to thank everyone for your help, This is a great forum John

RampageHopUps

I pick up parts daily from Redcat, as I work and live a few miles from the warehouse. That is why I offer free shipping on everything, since I don't have to pay ship it to me then pay again to ship it out to you.

Occasionally, parts do go out of stock, like the metal gears. Redcat buys them from another aftermarket manufacturer, so he has no control over delivery. They should be in this week though.

smoedog

Contributor
As far as stuff to do to it, first do the prerun checklist thats on this site. Then ditch the stock steering servo for a hitec 805 (cheap), get a heavy duty switch, and a y cable to power the servo directly from the battery.

Mines been running like a champ since april, except i just thrashed the pull starter lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts