• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage pro version

mini the minx

Hello,

once ive sold some of my other rc's i'm going to import the rampage pro (im in the uk) and will also be ordering a full metal gear set for it too.

Couple of questions :

1. Which gear set is best (im going to put a 29cc head on with 2mm stuffed stroker crank making it a 30.5)

2. what other weak points are are on this truck ?? does this version have the same drive cup issues ??

Many thanks :)

Obeast44

Banned
The CVD and Hub pins can wiggle out. Make sure you grind a flat spot in the middle so the set screw can hold them in better. I also, for extra protection added some shoe goo on each end to help retain the pin. Then I wrapped them in some super high strength vinyl tape.

Sprint 77

Contributor
First thing I would consider the 2 mm crank with a 35mm bore, (28.9 cc) and leave the 30.5 on the shelf . I'll run my 28.9 ported beast against any of the 30.5 piston port motors. And you guys with them can have that spacer shim under the cylinder.

That's my .02 but most just go big and learn the hard way.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I port and degree port timing my own motors so I can tune them to my driving and track. I think I might go with my own scratch build pipe next with some similar low end tuning that CPI put into their new pipe.

I still wish you lived closer MooMan I hate to see you waste all that $$ on them slow ONB motors LOL

mini the minx

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I will only be bashing the truck - but do tend to kill my rc's :D

What shock shafts will fit ?? will MCD/FS - never had a problem with my FG shocks but there were 8 of them :p

Thanks again - cheers :)

Obeast44

Banned
The pro comes with the piggyback shocks. Im not sure if theyve done something different in the design of them, but mine are holding up extremely well. Been running for a few weeks straight now, no leaks, no bent shafts, I would wait and break them before buying any "upgrades".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts