• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage in the snow

krashkrieg

Contributor
That's pretty cool looking....I'd like to see them all the way around on a Rampage...where did you find them?

firefighter9780

here is a picture of my rampage with paddles on all four corners. this setup was ok/good but i wouldn't say great i knew the paddles would dig in but it just didn't have that much flotation with the skinny tires on it. my 28.5 had no problem at all spinning these four it did it a lot easier than the mt tires. so i don't think i will have a power issue with running the dual i was thinking more of a steering issue with all that surface in the rear just pushing straight forward. but i hope to buy a set over the winter and another set of paddles for the rear so i will post when i get them. and i thought i would throw in a picture of me jumping it at silver lake also

paddles.jpg

jump.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/paddles.jpg.6ce9a00a187252f1fafbd6fc2c643351.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/jump.jpg.0fed57092a9feff225cfd1f43ddbf701.jpg

jackson

fast

check this big boy tearing down the snow

the thing is moving pretty quick on the snow there i know its not a redcat but hey still

pretty cool!

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Heavy Chevy

Looks sweet!^^^^^

Got my first set of paddles in the mail today. Still waiting on the second set and the adapters.

Went out a few nights ago and had to pack it in after 15mins due to painfully cold fingers ;) It was a super cold snap though and was fun while it lasted :)

Heavy Chevy

So I got my paddle tires but have not yet installed them.

I've got some DU-Bro Park Flyer snow skis that are for my planes but I'm so tempted to make my MT into a rear wheel drive with paddle tires and skis up front.

Am I shooting myself in the foot if I go to RWD?

I've never driven a RWD with skis up front but the baja vids look cool.

THoughts?

firefighter9780

just got the tires all done this weekend cant wait to try them out and see how the mt does in the ice what do you guys think to many studs not enough ????

tire.jpg

/monthly_2010_12/tire.jpg.44ecac84ff3e6edd279375c1eb6da9b6.jpg

Heavy Chevy

Finally had a chance to try out the paddle tires today and oh, what fun it was!

I will try to make a vid tomorrow.

:)

Heavy Chevy

That date on my video above is not correct. This video was taken sometime in December of 2010.

Here are some pics of my hpi paddle tires on my cat plus some night lights :)

I went out last night for a good 40min run in the snow with those lights, looks super cool. They are from the dollar store and they are simply taped on. It seems that after about 35 mins, my throttle servo starts to freeze up and gets stuck accelerating....that's when I know that it's time to stop ;)

*Edit* For some reason I can't get anymore pics to upload so I'll try to upload the pics of the lights on a little later, but trust me, they are super cool ;)

rpking

firefighter9780 said:
here is a picture of my rampage with paddles on all four corners. this setup was ok/good but i wouldn't say great i knew the paddles would dig in but it just didn't have that much flotation with the skinny tires on it. my 28.5 had no problem at all spinning these four it did it a lot easier than the mt tires. so i don't think i will have a power issue with running the dual i was thinking more of a steering issue with all that surface in the rear just pushing straight forward. but i hope to buy a set over the winter and another set of paddles for the rear so i will post when i get them. and i thought i would throw in a picture of me jumping it at silver lake also
Hey, I used to take my Honda 185s three wheeler to silver lake dunes back in the day I had lots of fun there its a very cool place I would love to get back into going there again, I'm about 12 hours away so I just cant hop in the truck and go but I will get there again someday

Heavy Chevy

A few vids:

[ame]

[/ame]
It's a TT body that's covered in and out with yellow duck tape. I took some sharpies to it to give it a J3 piper cub color scheme............This one is my Piper :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts