• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rally project!

crpt_keeper

I ordered my XSC today and will be awaiting its arrival.

ETA.... Tuseday :) , Once it arrives and I can get exact dimentions I will begin making a Subaru WRC body.

I'll post pics asap.

crpt_keeper

Well I have the body sorted out.

I was able to find a Subaru WRC body in a discontinued section of online rc parts shop, (next to a sign that said "beware of the Leper")

Its for the old Redcar Rally Car.

Wait.... Put down the pitchforks :)

I know the wheelbase is way off, its easier to cast and rework this body than it would be to sculpt a full body from scratch.

I'm wondering how good the stock tuned pipe on the XSC is.

my budget is quickly running thin and I want to get the important hopups first.

Scott

G

I know the wheelbase is way off, its easier to cast and rework this body than it would be to sculpt a full body from scratch.
Really? I would think the Redcat Rally would be very lose to the X-series platform.

G

I'm wondering how good the stock tuned pipe on the XSC is.my budget is quickly running thin and I want to get the important hopups first.
Not worth much. It's aluminum and will eventually need replacing. Performance wise, well, lets just say it looks better than it performs.

crpt_keeper

RCDAD said:
Really? I would think the Redcat Rally would be very lose to the X-series platform.
yeah the wheel base is like 535mm I think.

crpt_keeper

tick tock, tick tock.... the waiting is killing me.

While I wait, I was wondering what I would need to put the Dunerunner wheels on my XSC.

I think they will look better as a rally rim than the HPI wheels. I like my RC's to look as scale as possible :)

Im also considering FG or MCD wheels.

G

The only easy solution is the Baja wheels with some Baja adapters. The only way to get the DR wheels on the X platform is a full suspension swap. Arms, hubs, bearings, and axles. There are similar looking wheels and tires for the Baja that would work. You would just run fronts.

The FG and MCD wheels don't fit unless you have the means to weld on longer axle threads.

Last edited:

crpt_keeper

And I thought it would be complicated....lol

I guess Ill look into the hpi wheels more :)

Thanks.

G

I think these make a nice car wheel. They come white, black and chrome.

-

Also, I kinda mis-spoke about the MCD wheels. The V4 wheels are 24mm hex, so they work. The funny thing I even bought a set to try on my XB. LOL

G

If you add a large bead lock it makes the wheel look larger and the tire lower profile which is also more car looking.

-

G

Thanks man. For those who might be new or missed the build, it's an XBE. The same could be done with any of the X-series trucks or buggy.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
If you add a large bead lock it makes the wheel look larger and the tire lower profile which is also more car looking.-

I want a video Rcdad!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

crpt_keeper

So the nice UPS man brought me a rather large box today :)

First I have to say.. OMG I forgot how big 1/5 scale cars are.

This thing is massive, and its only an XSC. The MT must be big enough to ride...lol

Now im just waiting for the Subaru body so I can start the fun stuff.

I'll post pics asap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts